Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie with first Porsche (997.1 C4S) wanting to mod!

Sorry I have only ever seen rubber mats asked for once before , I think they are so rarely used in the UK that all thats avail are the ebay type , you may find if you google them one of the custom mats companies in the UK do a rubber option :thumb: the ones you likes are avail for the 991 in RHD so maybe next time your passing an OPC grab a set of 991 mats and see what they look like and if trimming would make then fit and if so order the rubber 991 mats in RHD :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Sorry I have only ever seen rubber mats asked for once before , I think they are so rarely used in the UK that all thats avail are the ebay type , you may find if you google them one of the custom mats companies in the UK do a rubber option :thumb: the ones you likes are avail for the 991 in RHD so maybe next time your passing an OPC grab a set of 991 mats and see what they look like and if trimming would make then fit and if so order the rubber 991 mats in RHD :thumb:

I think the red strip will look nice with the all red lights it sits better than the red clear lights IMO quite symmetrical :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Mate you really dont want the X97 gear knob let me relieve you of that hidious thing , I have a turbo knob in the garage that would suit you so much better :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phill I've found you one in black I think :thumbs:

:welcome:

A great choice :thumb: my previous 911 was a black C4s manual.
I did quite a few simple mods .
RSS engine mounts (esp if you're On the original!)
Cold Air Intake and BMC filter were cheap and give great noise

With regard to oil measurements, find your own level ground . Garage / Driveway , and always measure there. Hyper sensitive, and drives you nuts!

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Mate you really dont want the X97 gear knob let me relieve you of that hidious thing , I have a turbo knob in the garage that would suit you so much better :floor: :floor: :floor:

Hi Chris, does it involve stealing jag320s when he's not looking :floor:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

how did you guess :thumb: no ages ago someone local to me saw my one in my old 4S and said they had one in the garage👍

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

how did you guess :thumb: no ages ago someone local to me saw my one in my old 4S and said they had one in the garage👍

Ah Chris, now I am exited , finger crossed its still there and is the same part :grin: keep me posted mate :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

Ah Chris, now I am exited , finger crossed its still there and is the same part :grin: keep me posted mate :thumb: :thumb:
it's the same part, black leather but I'm sure Linus can sort that!

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

I am confident he can mate , my plan is to put alcantara where the leather is , not seen one like that before but think it will sit well with my steel and alcantara handbreak and the other alcantara trim :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:

I am confident he can mate , my plan is to put alcantara where the leather is , not seen one like that before but think it will sit well with my steel and alcantara handbreak and the other alcantara trim :thumb: :thumb:
Sounds like a plan, shall we move to pm mate?

Good idea as we have hijacked this thread long enough :grin: :grin:

jags320i, I have sent you a PM ref the all red rear lights , I saw a set and have sent you a link. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
jags320i, I have sent you a PM ref the all red rear lights , I saw a set and have sent you a link. :thumb:

Cheers mate, they look gorgeous.

I've saved the link away, I would like to get hold of the boot lid first and the lights.

You never know the boot may just look nice with the standard lights. :D

No Probs mate :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back