Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear window rubber and seal - which parts?

NinjaPower

Hi all,

My rear window rubber won't stay clipped into the plastic channel it sits in beside the rear window glass.

It seems to have shrunk slightly and keeps peeling up and popping out at the bottom corners which looks terrible.

On closer inspection it appears to press/clip down into a plastic track that runs all the way round and under the rear glass, but this plastic is broken in several places which is why it won't stay down.

I'm taking the glass out of the car shortly to paint round the rear screen aperture.

So...

Does anyone have the part number for the rear window rubber, as I will replace it, and does anyone know if the plastic track is a separate part that I can buy?

Please don't tell me it's something stupid like it's part of the rear window glass...

Thanks!

Yep - part of the screen. I had the same problem when I had the re-spray done, so had to get a new screen - went for the wiper delete at the same time though to shed a few pounds.

Anyway - I thought you were painting this car last year?

I did hear of someone who had a small accident with a stone on the way to the body shop which damaged the glass - and the Insurance helped out :whistle:

Think it fatigues with age. Mine had been as you described above for maybe 5 or 6 years before I finally bit the bullet and had a new screen put in.

At the Fairmile meets attendees from the illuminati would point out cars with fatigue in the elbow of rear windscreen wiper arms.

Then we had the great rear chassis rail scare of when was it 2008 maybe?

Bubbling screen apertures reappear on a regular cycle.

I think 2018 could be the year for mass shaming of cars with sticky-outy screen rubbers...

I predict stocks of 993 rear screens will be cleared out and on back order by say June?

AndyS said:
Anyway - I thought you were painting this car last year?

Didn't have time... had a really busy year, and apart from driving the car a few times, did nothing much with it apart from getting rid of the 19's, painting/fitting the Veloce wheels and a GT2 front splitter, and I changed the steering wheel to an RS item.

I need to sell it as soon as possible really, but I can't do that until I've sorted the last few jobs and the paint.

Went to look at a Ferrari 360 last weekend, which spurred on my '993 must go' thinking.

I also bought an Aston Martin DB9 last year which was fun. But it wasn't a 993...

IMG_9165.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back