Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear end !!! Oh eeer. C2s and C4s boot lid

Tobyone

Nurburgring
Hi folks.
Is the 997.1 c2s engine boot lid the same as a 997.1 c4s engine boot lid?

Only asking as I am swapping my swapping my factory areokit boot lid and spoiler for a carbon GT2 boot lid and spoiler that is currently on a c2s.

cheers yalll :dont know:

Same.
It's the rear qtr panels that give the extra width

FZP said:
Same.
It's the rear qtr panels that give the extra width

Brilliant your a star :D

jags320i said:
....and are they interchangeable from Gen1 to Gen 2?

they are all interchangable but the gen2 4S has the red strip across the back the overall size is the same though e.g. you could put a gen2 4S Red strip on a gen1 C2, it might cause the illuminati to visit your home in the wee hours but as far as fit goes it would work :grin: :grin: :grin:

The issue only happens under the cover as the gen1 has a single air intake on the left the gen2 has twin air intakes and the gen1 gt3 has a single on the right. etc so that needs to be considered when swapping them around and ensure the under cover fits the fans are also in different locations and some are fixed with 3 screws some with 4 screws some have a light attached on some they dont as the light is located by the lock , Its all able to be overcome but you might need to budget for things like a different Fan £80 etc etc .
:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
jags320i said:

they are all interchangable but the gen2 4S has the red strip across the back the overall size is the same though e.g. you could put a gen2 4S Red strip on a gen1 C2, it might cause the illuminati to visit your home in the wee hours but as far as fit goes it would work :grin: :grin: :grin:

Whoop! Thats what I was hoping to hear!

Now on the look out for a gen2 4s lid for my gen1 4s :D

jags320i said:
Phil 997 said:
jags320i said:

Whoop! Thats what I was hoping to hear!

Now on the look out for a gen2 4s lid for my gen1 4s :D

that would work fine that way round mate , as the extra air intake on the gen2 can help cool the engine or you could at some point fit a gen2 airbox and secont intake duct. :thumb: :thumb: remember the gen1 rear lights dont curve up like the gen2 so the visual flow aesthetically needs to be considered as it would be more of a sharp change where the lights meet the red strip . but other than that yep all would be fine. :thumb:

Heres how I visualise the gen2 lid on the gen1 as per tge curved lights etc.

I was messing around on MS Paint this morning, I think it will look ok. 8)

Pic attached

Attachments

• 45402_16_big2_113.jpg
    45402_16_big2_113.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,862
i googled it and couldn't seem to find a pic of anyone having done it to a gen 1 without the full gen 2 upgrade with lights and read bar.

jags320i said:
Heres how I visualise the gen2 lid on the gen1 as per tge curved lights etc.

I was messing around on MS Paint this morning, I think it will look ok. 8)

Pic attached

That doesnt look bad actually , and if it was me I would track down a set of the all red turbo rear lights and it would be even better. :thumb: :thumb:

now the big question what clever sod is going to fit a strip of really flat LEDs under the red strip , has it been done :dont know: could look very cool if its possible :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back