Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2019 Cayman GT4 spied with potential detuned GT3 engine ?

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
If rumours are true the 718 Cayman Gt4 will feature a detuned GT3 engine (4.0, 3.8 litre) with 425hp

Attachments

• 2019caymangt4_spy3_451.jpg
    2019caymangt4_spy3_451.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 4,179
  • 2019caymangt4_spy2_838.jpg
    2019caymangt4_spy2_838.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4,179
  • 2019caymangt4_spy1_649.jpg
    2019caymangt4_spy1_649.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 4,179
Now thats more like it, looks great and dam sure it will go and sound great as well :grin: :grin: just needs back seats and I might be interested :thumb:

I heard this rumour from a mate a few weeks ago... It is what the GT4 should be however I just can not see Porsche producing a high power, proper race engine cayman. Only reason being it will be better than a GT3. Whilst it is completely possible I just can not see them doing it.

A non-issue for me as Porsche will only make about 5 of them so there will not be enough to go around all the enthusiasts as per usual :roll:

Porsche say the production run will not be limited, some believe this will help recoup the development cost of the aledged new/detuned 4L GT3 lump.

Not limited is expected to look like circa 500 UK cars.

I have an LOI in, although am not optimistic, the trend appears to be that only regular customers get GT cars.

That said I f anyone can provide any wisdom on acquiring it would be appreciated :thumb:

crash7 said:
That said I f anyone can provide any wisdom on acquiring it would be appreciated :thumb:

131028corporatefoi.jpg

:grin:

'not limited' doesn't mean you can just order one. These cars are essentially invitation only.

crash7 said:
Porsche say the production run will not be limited, some believe this will help recoup the development cost of the aledged new/detuned 4L GT3 lump.

Not limited is expected to look like circa 500 UK cars.

I have an LOI in, although am not optimistic, the trend appears to be that only regular customers get GT cars.

become a watch dealer

Ordering 2 or 3 new cars every year from the standard range will also help your chances of being invited to order one of these 'unlimited' cars...

Word has it that the 718 Spyder will also have the same engine, and if true then that will be the one to have (if you can get it) as it will almost certainly be the last ever normally aspirated Porsche convertible and as much a baby Carrera GT as a juiced up Boxster... :?:

Disco said:
Word has it that the 718 Spyder will also have the same engine, and if true then that will be the one to have (if you can get it) as it will almost certainly be the last ever normally aspirated Porsche convertible and as much a baby Carrera GT as a juiced up Boxster... :?:

Bit of a stretch. CGT a totally bespoke car on a carbon fibre chassis with a V10.

Spyder will very much be a juiced Boxster. Not that this is any kind of criticism, Boxsters are fantastic cars.

There's lots of noise about a 4.0 engine, but really that's yet to be confirmed and it could be 4.0 without having anything to do with the GT3 engine. They could do a 4.0 version of the standard MA1. The 3.8 MA1 Powerkit was good for 430PS, so similar power from a 4.0 version would be a doddle. Using the GT3 engine to deliver that kind of power seems like a very expensive way to go about things.

We'll see!

Don't get too excited. These are after all just rumours. You should read the threads on ph - tons of speculation. We really don't know yet what engine the 718 GT4 will get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back