Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

jhrfc said:
Bought an orignal porsche windstop for the cabrio, as it was missing when I bought the car.
Very neat design, raises and folds into the roof automatically and works very well. Much warmer and quieter, but you can also fold it down easily for the full fat experience.
The black finish belies what must be the solid gold that it is made of, going by the price!

I hope it came with its storage bag :?: if you paid a lot of money for it.

ATB :)

decgraham said:
jhrfc said:
Bought an orignal porsche windstop for the cabrio, as it was missing when I bought the car.
Very neat design, raises and folds into the roof automatically and works very well. Much warmer and quieter, but you can also fold it down easily for the full fat experience.
The black finish belies what must be the solid gold that it is made of, going by the price!

I hope it came with its storage bag :?: if you paid a lot of money for it.

ATB :)
Yep storage bag and replacement mountings. It was expensive but it is well made and designed.

custom cup holder

new cup holder, got a used standard one that has a plain aluminum top then had the top part anodised black to match the interior

Attachments

• img_7318_210.jpg
    img_7318_210.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,297
  • img_7289_576.jpg
    img_7289_576.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 5,297
  • img_7316_119.jpg
    img_7316_119.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 5,292
Few bits and bobs, plus had fan painted red, cowl black and RS hub installed... oh, and ordered a full racing livery for Le Mans this year! Will share pics in May/June when it's all ponced up!

Snow-cooled 993!

Attachments

• 20180302_145351_152.jpg
    20180302_145351_152.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,986
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Attachments

• fan_130.jpg
    fan_130.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 5,102
I do like a nice clean new fan, expensive tart up though.

Endoman said:
I do like a nice clean new fan, expensive tart up though.

The bearing on mine has movement in it and there are a couple of cracks in one or two of the blades.........the bearing is about a hundred quid so I bit the bullet and went for broke.........hence the tears, of course there is the OCD element to consider........

New rear discs, pads & cover plates. Front ones bought & to be done next weekend.

On the list for March:

Cargraphic exhaust
FDM Golden Rod

Then fingers crossed for some sun at Easter

Attachments

• img_8678_161.jpg
    img_8678_161.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4,771
Normski298 said:
New rear discs, pads & cover plates. Front ones bought & to be done next weekend.

On the list for March:

Cargraphic exhaust
FDM Golden Rod

Did you go for genuine Porsche discs or OEM?

AP90 said:
Normski298 said:

On the list for March:

Cargraphic exhaust
FDM Golden Rod

Did you go for genuine Porsche discs or OEM?

Brembo with Textar pads

Bought before Christmas, but finally got the new targa wheels on the targa yesterday.

At last - I took the plunge and ordered a set of RS sill covers.

After a lot of searching, the cheapest option was from OPC Bolton with 'Classic discount' and PCGB discount, they actually came out 20% cheaper than the next cheapest!

Now I just need to figure out how to fit them......

Attachments

• rs_sill_cover_147.jpg
    rs_sill_cover_147.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 4,993
AndyS said:
At last - I took the plunge and ordered a set of RS sill covers.

After a lot of searching, the cheapest option was from OPC Bolton with 'Classic discount' and PCGB discount, they actually came out 20% cheaper than the next cheapest!

Now I just need to figure out how to fit them......
Exciting times - your car will look great with these fitted :) - look forward to seeing photos once installed! :thumb:

Additionally, I was aware of PCGB discount but what is the 'Classic discount' you refer to? Do you have to be on the Classic Servicing/Porsche Classic Register scheme to qualify?

Eccentric Adjuster Locking Kit from Elephant racing. A couple had moved post geo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back