Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alcantara headliner - grey versus black

demon

Nurburgring
is there such thing as a black alcantara headliner..?
- the parts catalogue suggests so, but even those I know are coming out of all black interiors are listed as "grey"

- is that simply the way black alcantara appears when its taken out of the car and people don't want to feel like they are misrepresenting, or should I keep chasing some kind of unicorn? : '

From most angles you will see the "shiny" part of the fabric, so it actually would look grey. Do a google image search for black alcantara and you'll see what I mean - they look grey but are actually black.

I know of couple of aftermarket variants that actually faded to a purple color due to sun bleaching, so maybe the older cars have a touch of this too.

Oh my days - need to check mine then as I have just ordered a wheel re-trim in black to match headlining :frustrated:

Any idea what the cost of a new headliner is?

Fast Bug said:
Any idea what the cost of a new headliner is?

Cost of a new headliner is somewhere between £1,100 and £1,800 from Porsche if I remember......
- I did call up to get an idea a while back, but once I heard the 4 figure answer I didn't really register the exact price (think I queried with a black non-sunroof in alcantara)

Second hand you're probably looking at around £200-650...

hence I'm likely going the second hand route, but that means I really need to know what I'm talking about/looking at : '

Ironically, I don't even want alcantara - my preference is non-sunroof in black "leather" (or whatever the factory uses to pass for it with the headliner) - so if anyone is looking to "upgrade"....

- it seems if anyone opted for non-sunroof, they decided to also spec alcantara

If you want a custom headliner, any good trimmer should be able to do it for you, ask whoever you use to fit the headlining.

I have the black alcantara and yes it looks charcoal grey, it looks much more classy then the previous black cheap looking vinyl and lifts the interior from being a black pit of dullness. It feels so nice to touch and looks a lot thicker.

I didn't think it would be quite that much :eek:

I think I might speak to a few trimmers and get them to price up making one!

Fast Bug said:
I didn't think it would be quite that much :eek:

I think I might speak to a few trimmers and get them to price up making one!

hmmmmm - good point

A quick google search just revealed that the guy who did the alcantara/pasha retrim for the CSR 996 is only half an hour away from me - time for a quick quote I think(!)

I would be interested to know the price on this as I will be need one as well.

MC

demon said:
A quick google search just revealed that the guy who did the alcantara/pasha retrim for the CSR 996 is only half an hour away from me - time for a quick quote I think(!)

Dave the trimmer in MK :thumb:

I can't imagine a trimmer would be more than £500, if that to be honest.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back