Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa 4S GEN2 and Ducktail & PDK paddle steering

infrasilver said:
Just checked the price, fairly expensive for something that needs adjusting to fit and is only replacing the spoiler section, I would be happy with a fibreglass version as I would also be painting body colour.

I guess cost/value for money is subjective but the flying ducktail is certainly much cheaper than whole bootlid alternatives and considering it is also carbon fibre (with a clear lacquer finish or undercoated) and NOT fibreglass and includes the grill (painted or bare) and a replacement third brake light, strikes me as being better value for money than most alternatives. And I would not be put off by an hour or two of fettling to get it to fit right...every non-OEM body part I have ever seen requires this.

systech1 said:
infrasilver said:
Just checked the price, fairly expensive for something that needs adjusting to fit and is only replacing the spoiler section, I would be happy with a fibreglass version as I would also be painting body colour.

I guess cost/value for money is subjective but the flying ducktail is certainly much cheaper than whole bootlid alternatives and considering it is also carbon fibre (with a clear lacquer finish or undercoated) and NOT fibreglass and includes the grill (painted or bare) and a replacement third brake light, strikes me as being better value for money than most alternatives. And I would not be put off by an hour or two of fettling to get it to fit right...every non-OEM body part I have ever seen requires this.

I think the flying ducktail one looks great, was it just fixing holes that needed fettling?

SGH said:
systech1 said:
infrasilver said:

I think the flying ducktail one looks great, was it just fixing holes that needed fettling?

Yes. A professional could no doubt do it much quicker than me. Beyond that I added a mesh under the grill for purely better optics.

vlad said:
Hi, that's going to create some serious downforce at speed if allowed to deploy, I'd be inclined to prevent the raise function.

Looks great BTW (when not raised)

Have disabled the lift function with the Foxwell NT520 and added a front splitter to balance out the downforce (see here for details...http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=130671&highlight=991+splitter)

It's not that I noticed any wayward handling on the track, more due to the optics of the raised spoiler which I agree looked a bit pants :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back