Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 Year anniversary

FZP

It was 4 years ago today I that I made my way down to Sollihul to collect my 911. The build up to collection day was so exciting, but actual collection day was a little different. A bit more nervous.
I'd spent the last 7 or so months looking for the right car, and was getting disheartened that it may not happen. Then I saw the ad pop up and rang them straight away at what I thought was a ridiculously cheap price. 19k miles on the clock. When I got down there it was unvaleted and it looked pristine, other than the curbing on a wheel. After a bit more haggling I bought it. From my calculations that this is the first year that any maintenance will cost me money. So it's been 4 years of free motoring, not bad.
Driving away I remember thinking f*** me, I own this. Catching my own reflection in shop windows of me in MY 911 was surreal.
Reading this forum certainly helped in my decision and why this car was the right car for me. So thank you to all those who have contributed to my questions and concerns, which have made 911 ownership the dream is hoped for.

Attachments

• 20170902_161241_1024x768_191.jpg
    20170902_161241_1024x768_191.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 1,832
Happy 4th anniversary. :cheers:

Proof that they needn't cost a fortune in running costs either.

Great colour combo. I'm very envious of your cocoa leather. :thumb: :puh:

Congratulations.

I'm curious about this:

FZP said:
........... From my calculations that this is the first year that any maintenance will cost me money. So it's been 4 years of free motoring, not bad.

:?:

I'm guessing you're saying that 'appreciation' has covered the cost of services etc etc. :dont know:

T8 said:
Congratulations.

I'm curious about this:

FZP said:
........... From my calculations that this is the first year that any maintenance will cost me money. So it's been 4 years of free motoring, not bad.

:?:

I'm guessing you're saying that 'appreciation' has covered the cost of services etc etc. :dont know:
Correct. When I bought it it was about 30 seconds before things started to heat up.

Nice post mate, and 4 yrs on your stll smiling, I am the same I have never felt so attached to a marque before :thumb: heres to the next 4 yrs :thumb: :thumb:

Happy fourth anniversary and ditto with the cocoa 😀

Looking at my joining date I'm nearly 9 years in and have had 7 :oops: bearing in mind I was without for 2 years that's a different one each year!

Thank god Herman White has bought sanity :worship: crazy thing is never spent any serious money on any, and never lost on any sale either, in fact made 2k and 4K on two of the 993's, pretty much cash free man maths motoring, 997 GTS next :?: :grin:

Yes im factoring potential sale price for my 4 years free motoring. My 911 costs roughly the same to run in terms of maintenance as the family barge.
This is what I keep getting drawn to. And although my man maths calculator has some interesting algorithms underlining it's function, it may struggle to get this to equate

Attachments

• gt3rsvid_lead_502.jpg
    gt3rsvid_lead_502.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,756
FZP said:
Yes im factoring potential sale price for my 4 years free motoring.

:thumb:

How many miles have you added?

I wonder how your 'cost per mile' compares to the cars first 19k miles. :grin:

T8 said:
FZP said:
Yes im factoring potential sale price for my 4 years free motoring.

:thumb:

How many miles have you added?

I wonder how your 'cost per mile' compares to the cars first 19k miles. :grin:
I've added 22k miles. The first year I lumped most of it on going back and forth across to Yorkshire. Last year was approx 3k miles or so.
The man maths cost is the farthest thing from my mind when I'm driving it. I'm looking forward to getting back over to the continent this summer, all things going well for a Eurothrash. Perhaps next year I'll get along to the Dinslaken thing. Looks great

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back