Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 vs GT3RS

an RS all day long, there is a reason why only these cars really define what an RS is

If you are not going to track it you shouldn't be allowed to buy it.

The 997.2 GT3RS is the best car I've ever had the pleasure of driving.

To get the best out of it would need skill far in advance of what I possess, so I cannot imagine how it could be possible to better it with the 991 RS.

I think you could easily live with the RS as a semi-daily, but what a waste it would be taking it to tesco squeezed in between a mondeo and a vectra with 'powered by fairy dust' stickers on :roll:

Thanks for all your replies. They are much appreciated. :lol:

Got offered a build slot for a RS a week ago. It would have been lizard green. :yahoo:
However, turned it down for the some of the issues raised on this thread and because of other factors. Can't really imagine a RS parked at Tesco or in my car parking space at the factory. Not really me. Just a little too indiscreet for how I would use it.

So will pursue the GT3 route and see what pops up.

GT3s aren't exactly discrete, apart perhaps a silver 996 GT3 as I used to own

DRZ911 said:
Got offered a build slot for a RS a week ago. It would have been lizard green. :yahoo:
However, turned it down

Are you able to get it back :dont know:

happy to cross your palm with silver :bandit:

:grin:

You were offered and turned down a build slot for probably the last NA GT3 RS? Just wanted to check I read that correctly :eek:

Geordie_RS said:
You were offered and turned down a build slot for probably the last NA GT3 RS? Just wanted to check I read that correctly :eek:

'Kin Hell.......I've been pushing my guy at OPC for one for ages ....can't get on the principals list ....!!

I would have taken his hand off .....!,especially Lizard !!

HSC911 said:
DRZ911 said:
However, turned it down
Are you able to get it back :dont know:

happy to cross your palm with silver :bandit:

:grin:
I was 4th on a list for 3 cars. The 3rd person ducked out, hence I moved up by one place.

Funny how things can move so quickly after years of waiting. Just came at the wrong time for me and possibly the wrong car.

So the guy in 5th place got bumped up to 3rd and the deal was done within 5 minutes of me turning the slot down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back