Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Post-Sale conumdrums with OPC Edinburgh

wizard993 said:
I think your getting a bit silly over this now. Regardless of the circumstances you inspected and took the car knowing/agreeing it had to go to the OPC to get painted.....now your unhappy.

They are giving you a decent car(not a Vauxhall Adam) while your car gets painted and the job warranted via the OPC.

Include a visit somewhere nice en route to pick it up with its new paint and put it behind you.

The courtesy car isn't the issue - as I said. The issue is I'll have to spend two half days dropping the car off and collecting it, for something that should have been done prior to me buying it. It's their problem to solve, at the least inconvenience to me. I've been very patient and spent countless hours chasing them, the service could have been a lot better and they had numerous opportunities to put this right.

Thanks for the suggestion, but respectfully, a random visit on the way home to "somewhere nice" is not the best use of my time.

ragpicker said:
£2000 for a front end blow over!??? :eek:

Tell me about it! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the quote!!

Can they not do a collection and delivery?

At the end of the day, it was agreed it would be done before delivery, so its up to them to sort it at your convenience.

These maps are so last season, I cant believe manufacturers persist with them given that my ancient iPhone manages to have a perpetually up to date map.

Robertb said:
Can they not do a collection and delivery?

At the end of the day, it was agreed it would be done before delivery, so its up to them to sort it at your convenience.

These maps are so last season, I cant believe manufacturers persist with them given that my ancient iPhone manages to have a perpetually up to date map.

I've asked that question, but await a reply from the DP (likely next week). I'm actually tired and fed up of chasing now.

Agreed re: phone maps.

911_AS said:
ragpicker said:

if by FE you mean bonnet, bumper and wings £2k is cheap - removing the bumper on 991 model for example takes more time than previous models.

I can tell you that FE respray by Porsche approved body shop is £3500 plus vat.

Ken

996ttalot said:
911_AS said:
ragpicker said:

if by FE you mean bonnet, bumper and wings £2k is cheap - removing the bumper on 991 model for example takes more time than previous models.

Ken

The quote was for Front Bumper only. The Bonnet and Wings are NOT included.

911_AS said:
996ttalot said:
911_AS said:
ragpicker said:

Ken

The quote was for Front Bumper only. The Bonnet and Wings are NOT included.
Front bumper only - should be £800 plus vat at PABS tops.

£2k is a joke

Just a quick update on this -

Following my email to the Centre Principal, OPC Edinburgh offered me the £500, and also agreed to cover the cost of the Sat Nav 7-digit upgrade from any local OPC (I have booked my car into OPC East London to have the work carried out).

Though it took a lot of effort and time, I'm very pleased with their prompt and satisfactory response. Hopefully the Sat Nav upgrade goes without a glitch!

Thanks for all the info and advice, gents.

Update: The Sat Nav install was completed successfully by OPC East London.

However, when I collected the car, the SERVICE indicator lit up on the dash, stating the Interim Service was due in April(!). I was surprised by this, as I specifically checked with Edinburgh when I bought the car (December 2017) if the car had been serviced. They confirmed it was prior to sale, and no service was due for two years. The Service book was also stamped to reflect this, hence the confusion.

After a bit of investigating, it was deemed only the OIL and Filter 'service' was done, but not the six-year interim minor service (my car is a 2012 MY). Naturally, I wasn't too pleased about this, as I clarified this exact point before I bought the car.

Anyway, to cut a very long story short - after some sensible dialogue, OPC Edinburgh kindly agreed to cover the costs of the remaining service items, and offered me a small gesture of goodwill, when requested. Though it is further inconvenience as I'll need to be without the car again, at least there is no additional costs and the car will not need a service until 2020.

So all in all, it's not the best purchasing and after-sales experience I would have hoped for buying from an OPC. BUT, I am glad the dealer has agreed to settle everything with a reasonably amicable approach: can't say fairer than that.

Bottom line appears to be that for all the swanky glass & aluminium showrooms OPC's are just a bunch of spivs just in slightly more expensive suits.

Spot On, GARY S.

Although they have sorted the issues now, my "visions" of having a seamless experience were anything of the sort. I genuinely thought buying a Porsche 911 from an Official Porsche Centre would be a hassle-free, almost utopia-like experience. Sadly, it was not the case.

Unfortunately, in the current climate, Dealers are under pressure to sell sell sell, which leads to less focus and reduced attention-to-detail paid on the customer and on the car. I can honestly say when I bought my previous 997.2 from Stirlings, my experience was much smoother.

Ridiculous amount of hassle 911_AS, glad its close to being sorted, but as you say, avoiding stuff like that is part of the reason for buying from an OPC. Mistakes happen but its the reaction to them and how they're dealt with that's revealing. It would have taken a single phone call to where I buy from and I bet it would have been the same at Stirlings.

911_AS said:
Spot On, GARY S.

Although they have sorted the issues now, my "visions" of having a seamless experience were anything of the sort. I genuinely thought buying a Porsche 911 from an Official Porsche Centre would be a hassle-free, almost utopia-like experience. Sadly, it was not the case.

Unfortunately, in the current climate, Dealers are under pressure to sell sell sell, which leads to less focus and reduced attention-to-detail paid on the customer and on the car. I can honestly say when I bought my previous 997.2 from Stirlings, my experience was much smoother.

The difference is that Mark Pearce cares and his business thrives on its reputation.

OPC's trade on perception, they don't actually give a monkey's about their punters and will get away with whatever they can to the benefit of their P&L.

911_AS said:
Update: The Sat Nav install was completed successfully by OPC East London.

However, when I collected the car, the SERVICE indicator lit up on the dash, stating the Interim Service was due in April(!). I was surprised by this, as I specifically checked with Edinburgh when I bought the car (December 2017) if the car had been serviced. They confirmed it was prior to sale, and no service was due for two years. The Service book was also stamped to reflect this, hence the confusion.

After a bit of investigating, it was deemed only the OIL and Filter 'service' was done, but not the six-year interim minor service (my car is a 2012 MY). Naturally, I wasn't too pleased about this, as I clarified this exact point before I bought the car.

Anyway, to cut a very long story short - after some sensible dialogue, OPC Edinburgh kindly agreed to cover the costs of the remaining service items, and offered me a small gesture of goodwill, when requested. Though it is further inconvenience as I'll need to be without the car again, at least there is no additional costs and the car will not need a service until 2020.

So all in all, it's not the best purchasing and after-sales experience I would have hoped for buying from an OPC. BUT, I am glad the dealer has agreed to settle everything with a reasonably amicable approach: can't say fairer than that.

Some times you really cant make it up !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back