Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

39699163675_4146407337_b.jpg

Some thoughts:

It's a very good job, and this is before two further stages of polishing.

All the little dings and dents of 20 years of existence are gone.

The Litronic lights now have painted indicators - I've asked them to order some clear side-repeaters and paint them so that the match is perfect.

All the incipient corrosion is gone - and gaskets are now behind the door strikers. They've put cavity wax in as they put the car back together, and replaced the DSF wheel arch liner as it was cracked inside - not badly, but seemed silly not to replace it whilst we were in there.

The paint has really drawn attention to the seats, luckily they're next - along with the roof.

Refurbishing the brake calipers has made a big difference if you're looking for detail.

It looks amazing, congratulations.

Engine next?

maldren said:
It looks amazing, congratulations.

Engine next?

Thanks! Engine will be next winters project I think, gives us time to design, make and test the new parts and so forth before taking the car off the road for the worst of the weather.

Get a clear self healing wrap on it while it's fresh 👍
I would

Looking really good. Very glossy, some great reflections going on there. :thumb:

Dammit - that looks mint, m8! :thumb:

What are you planning on doing with the roof....?? Mine looks crappy and i was thinking of doing a refurb treatment to it - or even having it reskinned. Whats your plans...??

Osh

Thanks! New roof is going on now, they're re-trimming the rear section of the car in matching fabric so it all looks the same (otherwise you have new roof and faded roll-over section).

It's a BAS hood with a heated glass rear window- which is a lot smaller than the plastic window, but I can see nothing through the plastic one at night so I'm going for a smaller aperture that I can see through vs a larger aperture that I can't.

0000427_996-911-h816.jpg

stop rubbing my face in the fact you have door pillars without a ring of bubbles around the catch. Although I would say in 10 years mine dont seem to have got worse.

Hah - sorry. TBF mine might have taken ages to get worse - but one thing is for certain, they weren't going to get better again on their own.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back