Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which of these is the best to use as a daily driver?

Which of these 2 is the best daily driver?

• Cayman 718 S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 911 Turbos S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vince Davies

I'm looking to get a Porsche as daily, any suggestions on which one would be best suited to use on a day to day basis. At the moment I'm thinking about getting Cayman 718 S, all thoughts suggestions would be welcomed :D

:welcome: to 911uk Vince.

I've taken the liberty of altering the title of your thread to better reflect the question you are asking.

Both will work, but both different (including massive price difference) and dependent on whether you want 2 or 2+2 seating etc :dont know:

For daily I'd go 718S but I'd have something else in the garage for weekned etc. If one car only TurboS

Turbo, 4WD and stuff.

I'd happily run a Turbo S if I could! However, running costs will be a quantum higher than the 718.

But if you can afford it, go for it.

With Robertb if money were no object Turbo but in the real world it would be the Boxster , a Turbo that a bit is special for me :thumb:

The question should be ' Which is the better daily driver ' not best ( Pedantic I know .... but ...

I would take the 991 Turbo S ..... It has a Flat 6 engine not a muted 4 pot ..... there is no choice to make , I couldn't live with that dull beat when there is an option of 6 .......

Dynamically the wee 718 would be good as a daily but its totally let down by the engine sound .... I will never forget hearing the first 718 I saw in the OPC .... fired up in the showroom .... what a terrible sound to meet a mans Porsche tuned ears .....

For a true daily driver the answer is probably whichever has a traffic jam friendly PDK gearbox. I can't be more help that that on this though as I still reckon that the best daily driver pork is probably the 997.2 Carrera (ideally a well specced non-S with PDK).

From here on in I'm going to start getting odds on posts like these which I believe are non genuine. The odds being that they'll never reply. I'm calling Rajiv from Mumbai, much in the same way Anna and some of the other lovely ladies that have recently joined.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back