Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which performance engine mounts

Phil 997 said:
OK today fitted the function first semi semi solid engine mounts , they are new OE mounts filled with eurathane .
Fitting was very easy as they are OE ,my first impression is theres as much NVH as when I fitted the rennline semi solids to my gen1. there certainly isnt No NVH, its noticable even on tick over even my tech agreed on this .
I was unable to give them more than a couple of miles road test today as my clutch has started to slip.
Massive improvement in gear change and the sticky gear change with the SSK has gone.
Yes the swingy back end feels better.
I will give them a bit of time to settle down and bed in as even the semi solids settle and bed in a bit over time. I am hoping they settle down more than the semi solids and the NVH stops. I cant compare them to what fitting straight OE mounts would feel like as I havent ever done that so they might even be a bit harsh when new comparred to stretched 7/8 yr old mounts .
Whats my thoughts - If they don't settle after a few weeks the old OE mounts will go back on as they were in perfect condition and I intentionally was trying to avoid the NVH from semi solids, its only mild but I didnt want it on my gen2 as the gen2 is smoother and more refined than the gen1 so what was good on the gen1 and worked well, won't IMO suit the gen2 .
My initial thoughts are I am dissapointed that they are not significantly better on NVH than semi solids but in fairness will give them a chance over a few weeks /miles in the hope they settle down and become what I had hoped for which was an OE feel but with less swinging about of the engine and better gear changes.
I will update the thread with my final verdict in due course.

Phil... you have 200db exhaust and you are worried about some minor vibration from the engine mounts.
Want me to pop round and give them a bedding in session for you? My RSS mounts are perfect in the turbo. Next up on there list of bits for the GT3 too although may go fully solid for cup car-esque experience 😂

Turbojim997 said:
Phil 997 said:
OK today fitted the function first semi semi solid engine mounts , they are new OE mounts filled with eurathane .
Fitting was very easy as they are OE ,my first impression is theres as much NVH as when I fitted the rennline semi solids to my gen1. there certainly isnt No NVH, its noticable even on tick over even my tech agreed on this .
I was unable to give them more than a couple of miles road test today as my clutch has started to slip.
Massive improvement in gear change and the sticky gear change with the SSK has gone.
Yes the swingy back end feels better.
I will give them a bit of time to settle down and bed in as even the semi solids settle and bed in a bit over time. I am hoping they settle down more than the semi solids and the NVH stops. I cant compare them to what fitting straight OE mounts would feel like as I havent ever done that so they might even be a bit harsh when new comparred to stretched 7/8 yr old mounts .
Whats my thoughts - If they don't settle after a few weeks the old OE mounts will go back on as they were in perfect condition and I intentionally was trying to avoid the NVH from semi solids, its only mild but I didnt want it on my gen2 as the gen2 is smoother and more refined than the gen1 so what was good on the gen1 and worked well, won't IMO suit the gen2 .
My initial thoughts are I am dissapointed that they are not significantly better on NVH than semi solids but in fairness will give them a chance over a few weeks /miles in the hope they settle down and become what I had hoped for which was an OE feel but with less swinging about of the engine and better gear changes.
I will update the thread with my final verdict in due course.

Phil... you have 200db exhaust and you are worried about some minor vibration from the engine mounts.
Want me to pop round and give them a bedding in session for you? My RSS mounts are perfect in the turbo. Next up on there list of bits for the GT3 too although may go fully solid for cup car-esque experience 😂

:floor: :floor: :floor: well put like that Jim :grin: the only thing I can say in my deffence is I planned for a very loud exhaust but I didnt plan for any NVH from my engine mounts :grin: :grin: but I am hoping they bed in as I do remember my drive home after fitting the semi solids to the gen 1 and thinking OMG what have I done and they soon settled down to an acceptable level of NVH .

I've had my RSS semi-solids installed for about 8 months and 3500 mikes now and love them. As others have said they improve the gear changes and also tie the rear end together so it feels more cohesive particularly in quick changes of direction.

On first install there was some annoying vibrations set up in the dash board at 1900 rpm and also at 3100 rpm range if you were sat at those revs for any period but these have settled down and no longer appear.

I don't even notice any increase in NVH now but enjoy the increase in noise when I rev out the engine.

Would recommend them particularly if replacing worn mounts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back