Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I take the 993

Jodes said:
Zingari said:
As you're a 993 owner and we're way off April I didn't expect you to 'have it available' as most or off-road until spring. Some of the more disciplined SORN them :floor:
Discipline never been one of my strong points... what's SORN😉

Kingb4... not doing Phil Price (although heard it's excellent!) Going to a place nearby called Forest Experience. I met the guy that runs it on a speed awareness course so should bode well!!

I live in the same village as Forest Experience - been here 27 years but never given it a go, even when the Higgins boys were running it. Great reputation so I think you'll have a fun day.

And don't worry about the salt, nothing a quick rinse can't sort out - the roads around here are more 993 than RS6 :thumb:

Jodes said:
Thanks Chaps.... think I just needed to hear sense... Audi it is!!

NIBrown.... lucky you, no boring motorway before you get to some superb roads and scenery!!

Yep, they are great roads as long as the Council stop putting ridiculous speed limits up on mountain roads!....not that it stops any fun!!!

Well..... I took the wrong car!!

Although it was super cold and the roads were covered in salt it was bone dry and therefore I would have been ok!! I'm not too worried as we go about 3 times a year anyway to experience the most amazing roads and when the weather is kind the beautiful scenery.

More importantly the Forest Rally was great fun!.... to experience a real rally car on an actual rally stage was brilliant! The actual driving time was not that long but doing the half day you get a few laps of the 2 mile section and then a timed section to finish!... and they let you tool round a little off road course in a Disco whilst you are waiting around! Nice guys running it too!!

Attachments

• 9a93b718_2dc3_49b1_8a0a_99c54ac3c661_246.png
    9a93b718_2dc3_49b1_8a0a_99c54ac3c661_246.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,577

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back