Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate POR 993T

Jay Man said:
I have OSV 993 - £2k and its yours....

I bought PBZ 993 on the timed auction last month as a back up for not getting POR 993T in today's auction (I knew the chances were very slim). Well under 1k with all the add ons. It seems there are very few 3 letter, 3 number 993 plates out there too. Most seem to be available for 1.5k to 3.5k so 2k seems reasonable..

911WD just made £4.7k

Albionmuz said:
Jay Man said:
I have OSV 993 - £2k and its yours....

I bought PBZ 993 on the timed auction last month as a back up for not getting POR 993T in today's auction (I knew the chances were very slim). Well under 1k with all the add ons. It seems there are very few 3 letter, 3 number 993 plates out there too. Most seem to be available for 1.5k to 3.5k so 2k seems reasonable..

Thanks that's good to hear and useful to know...

HSC911 said:
Daniel said:
What auction??

I have R5 POR I want to send to auction.

Stick it up on here, I'll have a bid :thumb:

You lot are brutal with a number plate that's up for sale... :wack:

:hand:

Daniel said:
You lot are brutal with a number plate that's up for sale... :wack: :hand:

I wasn't joking :dont know:

I've got an RS Ford to put it on :friends:

:thumb: :thumb:

IMI A said:
T911 RBO just sold for £8400 plus all the add ons :?

I bid £650 :grin:

Stiff competition for the number (and a snip against the other number I wanted which went at 45k!) but it's going onto a beautiful turbo cabriolet that's about to be imported from Dubai.... see you when we're back, appreciate a heads up on any decent Porsche track days in or around Wales :D

Attachments

• 17800151_1481287758557946_5093290029718364894_n_3_190.jpg
    17800151_1481287758557946_5093290029718364894_n_3_190.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3,541
Purplefalcon said:
Stiff competition for the number (and a snip against the other number I wanted which went at 45k!)

What was that :dont know:

:welcome:

Don't want a set of GT3 wheels for £25k do you :?:

Only playing...
vomit2.gif

Show us your car(s) :camera:

:thumb: :thumb:

I do happen to know someone who put the wrong set of tyres on his Porsche, which lasted about a lap on the track before smoking everyone else off!!

Would be more interested in the GT3RS itself, but I hear they're like gold dust over there... :eek: We apparently have a waiting list of about 150 people for the new GT2, with reportedly 4 coming in.... so whilst my baby is LHD and will probably ultimately head off to Germany, I'll probably be keeping her for a bit longer than the required 12months!

5OPH was the plate I was after, as an investment for my daughter, but it would be a little too much on her first second hand car when she gets to that age.... decided it would be cheaper to change her name by deed poll to DB14KRG although it's a b*gger to pronounce :grin:

Looking forward to being back to proper road driving after 20 years away, hope to wave to a few of you as we pass....

Purplefalcon said:
decided it would be cheaper to change her name by deed poll to DB14KRG although it's a b*gger to pronounce :grin:.

:floor:

:thumb:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

R5 POR

It's worthless! R prefix 1997.

993 RS built in 95 and 96. I thought a R* TP would have been good on my car.

I have 911TP on the car at the moment but will probably move this onto my E at some point.

R5 POR

R5 POR Maybe not worthless? If your name is Patricia Olive Richardson and you run a Renault 5 it could be worth £250 :D

:lol:

It never ceases to amaze me how much people pay for registrations at these DVLA auctions considering that many are subsequently worth about 50% less when they come to sell them on.

Are people willing to pay more because the registration has never previously been available?

£8,000 + for T911RBO ? For that dollar I would have thought there are literally hundreds of nicer plates available......but obviously it's completely subjective.

I've always been surprised that anybody would pay good money to have any kind of personalised registration number on any vehicle.

When I bought my first 993 it already had the number plate A993LAD on it. I didn't pay any more for the car with that plate than I would have done if the seller had put it back on its original N reg plate.

When I sold the car I left the plate on it for the new owner as it seemed quite a fitting plate for the car and I hadn't paid anything for it.

Discovered a few weeks after the sale that the buyer had quickly put the plate up for sale and put the car back on its original N reg plate.

Good luck to him if he made a few quid but it still surprises me anybody would bid for these things.

Any idea what A993LAD would be worth? I guess it's a bit obscure and might only appeal to somebody happy to be considered a lad.

Attachments

• a993lad_143.jpg
    a993lad_143.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,154
Easy that plate is worth £60k.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back