Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

5th Millennium 996 RHD UK spec found

Whoever damaged it, appears to have signed it too...

Great thread - well done for saving a rare 996. Not many millennium 996s with an aero kit I'd wager, specially with that mileage? The Aero Kit was a (£4995) factory option, code XAA. However many cars (mine included) had the Aero Kit factory fitted but with no XAA option code, but the Porsche Exclusive option code instead: 09981. This code seemed to cover quite a few other options that were factory fitted but not specified.

Good luck - although it looks like you know what you are doing.

:worship:

Good luck restoring it!!

Well done that man for saving what is a rare car in the UK. There were 123 Uk registered 40th Anniversary cars - we're common as muck compared to yours! Good luck with the restoration - might be cheaper to change your name to Massiv Winker than pay for a respray and a private plate though - just a thought.

Cheers.Ian

Fastlane said:

+1

I really like the colour. It'll be a very nice car once it's all fixed up.

i properly love this, taking something that once was a bit of rare jewel, but now a bit desheveled and bringing back it's shine!
Getting hold of a "fixer-upper" is common enough with houses, but seems rarer with cars - something "best left to the experts"
Ok, you have to be a bit handy with the spanners or have a fat wallet to let someone else do the dirty work, i guess?
But like a house, do as much as you can yourself and get a huge dollop of satisfaction of a job well done!

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing the updates

I only have the spanners :mrgreen:

Halcyon said:
Ok, you have to be a bit handy with the spanners or have a fat wallet to let someone else do the dirty work, i guess?

Not done much to Mr Winker.
Tried our best to weather proof it as its outside during the day time. I need get round to finding a front screen and fitting the rear I have

I have found a 10pin RHS wing mirror. Much fun was had straightening the pins. Its now fitted, tested and works which im very happy about. Having a Porsche with all the options is ok till you need to find that rare bit.

Attachments

• dsc08565__copy_170.jpg
    dsc08565__copy_170.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,602
  • dsc08566__copy_111.jpg
    dsc08566__copy_111.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4,602
  • dsc08826__copy_840.jpg
    dsc08826__copy_840.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 4,602
  • dsc08827__copy_983.jpg
    dsc08827__copy_983.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 4,602
Progress, and good to see your using its new official title and have dropped the mahosive bit :thumb: keep the updates and pics coming :thumb:

Fastlane said:

Great thread - well done for saving a rare 996. Not many millennium 996s with an aero kit I'd wager, specially with that mileage? The Aero Kit was a (£4995) factory option, code XAA. However many cars (mine included) had the Aero Kit factory fitted but with no XAA option code, but the Porsche Exclusive option code instead: 09981. This code seemed to cover quite a few other options that were factory fitted but not specified.

I wonder if that's the aerokit spoiler and side-skirts but normal bumper? That seems to happen quite a lot (was the case with my car).

EGTE said:
Fastlane said:

I wonder if that's the aerokit spoiler and side-skirts but normal bumper? That seems to happen quite a lot (was the case with my car).

Could be although my car has the front bumper too.

Hey Joe

Looks like there's another on AutoTrader!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&page=1

No. 041 according to the pics of the plaque, although seller seems confused whether it's 094 or 041 :roll:

So is that 6 UK RHDs known about now?

Maybe someone needs to tell the seller that his "of which only 3 were made in right hand drive" might not be an entirely accurate statement and maybe his asking price is a little strong as a result!

40Anni996 said:
No. 041 according to the pics of the plaque, although seller seems confused whether it's 094 or 041 :roll:

So is that 6 UK RHDs known about now?

Maybe someone needs to tell the seller that his "of which only 3 were made in right hand drive" might not be an entirely accurate statement and maybe his asking price is a little strong as a result!

Being discussed here

=> 041 or 094?

Is the country code on that bonnet sticker C18 :?:

If it is, that's Japan so would explain a lot.

Hi All,

haha 3 RHD in the UK...I do not think so unfortunately...Chalk another one up...I have one. Automatic (Tip) with 87k miles.

Worth holding onto to or getting rid?? Also, what could I look to get for it? Good condition.

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
John

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back