Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One of them has to go...

badlands said:
weekend or more regular usage?

Weekend: 964
Regular: GTS

All year round usage? GTS
Just fair weather? 964
+1
I have two very different models, but one has to go this year.
I keep boring people talking about it!!!

Keep both! Lovely collection 👍

badlands said:
weekend or more regular usage?

Weekend: 964
Regular: GTS

All year round usage? GTS
Just fair weather? 964

Well neither are regularly used (too seldom in fact) and are certainly fair weather only (though the GTS doesn't really need the mollycoddling it gets). However if I had to pick one for a long euro hoon it would be the 997. It's done far less mileage (25k vs 86k) and is more comfortable.

It's the 964 that gets the comments when out and about though and she can certainly lift her skirts and fly when she wants to. Decisions decisions!

On the horns of a dilemma...

Could I refer 997ers to my thread on the 964 forum relating to a genuine dilemma I face. I've had some opinions from the 964 collective but what would value a different perspective if you felt you had time to offer one. This is also 997 related!

Thread's called 'One of them has to go'.

ADDED BY MODERATOR = The link

See ==> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126033&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

HSC911 said:
964 is stunning :worship:

Fancy a swap for a 996 Turbo :dont know:

:thumb:

That won't help my decision making! :?:

It's getting almost to the point of eeny meeny miney mo. They both have such valuable qualities. I've had a fair offer from a well known dealer for the 964 but have a dreadful feeling that I'd regret it. Arghh!

Reading the thread title I was half expecting (half hoping :hand: ) for a picture of a 911, & one of yer Missus, but, you do indeed have a much harder choice to make there. . . . . .

you keep the 964, its a legend,

the 997 is a great car, but never a legend ever :nooo:

once the 911 lost its smallness and quirkiness and basicness, it wasn't really a 911 anymore, i think they could even have got away with putting a water cooled engine in that little chassis and it would have worked.

its just how times went, its not a dig at 997's, i would have one tomorrow, maybe the 911 tag should have ended with the 993, just my opinion of course.

Demort said:
Keep the 997 .. sell the 964 .. nothing more i can add :)

You sold out man.....
Spending too much time round the water boilers :puh:

You can readily replace a nice 997 in a year or two if required but try replacing that immaculate 964 if you think that sellng it was a mistake!

I think the 997 looks great, and is a lot of car for the money. One day it will also be sought after..!

Scholester said:
You can readily replace a nice 997 in a year or two if required but try replacing that immaculate 964 if you think that sellng it was a mistake!

Head... Nail...The...On... :thumb:

C.

What a shame one has to go, arguably the best looking 911s of any era and exemplary representatives of their eras of 911. I would keep the 964 based on what you've said about both being fair-weather cars. As special as the GTS is (I regret not getting one when I bought a 997.2), your 964 is on a different level of specialness, less replaceable as already mentioned. Wouldn't be surprised if you keep the GTS though :grin:

Palladium said:
you keep the 964, its a legend,

the 997 is a great car, but never a legend ever :nooo:

Hmm. I see your point, but the 964 was pretty unloved once. A dealer told me the GTS was the one to keep. I believe only about 100 manual 2WD GTSs were registered in the UK so it's a rare car. Feels pretty small and nimble on the road, has hydraulic steering, a lovely 6 speed gearbox, a proper handbrake and pretty simple instrumentation too, unlike the current button fest.

However I am leaning towards keeping the 964 a present. Until tomorrow...

the other me said:
Reading the thread title I was half expecting (half hoping :hand: ) for a picture of a 911, & one of yer Missus, but, you do indeed have a much harder choice to make there. . . . . .

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back