Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 Prices

From what I can see both the 997.1 and 997.2 Turbo variants have appreciated- of course the amount will vary depending on a lot of factors such as miles, spec, colour and what type of sale it is but generally comparing prices with 3 years ago both gen 1 and gen 2 seem very strong.

When I bought my Turbo S spring 2015 to be honest I did not give depreciation a huge amount of thought s the car was going to be a keeper- I expected it to hold value short term and some minimal depreciation as the car was rare, a very late model (Nov 2012) and the best spec I could find after 12 months of looking.

Today prices for similar cars are 10%-12% higher (asking prices).

They are amazing cars and good value now too considering what you are getting for your money. IMO you will not find a super car that combines blistering performance with such usability and practicality anywhere else the fact it will also not lose money and is a good investment is just an added bonus.

If your looking at a 997 my advice would simply be go for it.. :thumbs:

Steve997 said:
Not worried about depreciation as it's something I accept owning a car and I bought my car to enjoy and that's enough for me. But what is people's opinion on the market for Gen1 and Gen 2 cars.

Still depreciating, stable after some significant rises in recent years, appreciating, haven't got a clue the 992 arrival and subsequent market increase in used 991 available will mix it up all again?

What do people think ?

Paid £29,750 for mine in feb 2015 (2005) NO BORE NO PROBS - valued for Insurance at £33,000 - re valued this week

Bearing in mind I bought a new Audi TT @ £31,000 in 2012 - then two years later the same Audi dealer offered £20,000 that had done 12,000 miles by my wife. Anything used and being prudent is best

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back