Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Targa 4 Dead Amp?

Beanie

Hi All

All my bass in the car has gone and I suspect it's the amp that's died? Anone know where the amp is located in a 997.1 Targa 4? In the front luggage area under the bonnet is the CD changer and behind that the Nav DVD, any idea where the amp lives?

Thanks

Beanie

If its like a 996 it will be behind the front luggage area trim at the back by the scuttle, IIRC.

When you find it, look up Tore in Norway. He's just fixed mine and gives a 5 year warranty!

resigner said:
When you find it, look up Tore in Norway. He's just fixed mine and gives a 5 year warranty!

That's what I'm planning to do ;) Do you have the web address or details, just to confirm same guy? Thanks

Once I've managed to locate it in the car of course!! :dont know:

Have you looked in the bit where your toolkit is located in the frunk the bit that comes off that has the red warning triangle on mine was in there nasty small amp easy to miss lol :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Have you looked in the bit where your toolkit is located in the frunk the bit that comes off that has the red warning triangle on mine was in there nasty small amp easy to miss lol :thumb:

I'll take a look, I'm hoping it is there, thanks for the steer :thumb:

The above description (Phil 997) sounds like off a C2. The C4 has a different boot layout with warning triangle on the floor as opposed to the "ledge".

I've had the ASK amp done on my C4S by Tore in 2013. Still working fine. I think it was a lifetime warranty back then.

You will need to slide off that "hook" which is on the bulkhead of the frunk and then unscrew the various screws around the plastic cover. It comes off all as one piece. Give me a shout if you need any help.

Riccardo said:
The above description (Phil 997) sounds like off a C2. The C4 has a different boot layout with warning triangle on the floor as opposed to the "ledge".

I've had the ASK amp done on my C4S by Tore in 2013. Still working fine. I think it was a lifetime warranty back then.

You will need to slide off that "hook" which is on the bulkhead of the frunk and then unscrew the various screws around the plastic cover. It comes off all as one piece. Give me a shout if you need any help.

Yep, my triangle is fixed to the floor as you mention, it's a C4 layout for sure. Any pictures or more details you can share where the amp is? As you look in there from the front of the car, the DVD is at the back right and the CD changer is flush to the right side next to it? Any more advice or pictures gratefully received!!

Try looking under the large plastic cover in the front boot .. handfull of screws to remove to get it off .

large box with wires and cooling fins on it is what you are looking for .

Amplifiers are either behind the toolkit , under the base panel and on the n/s/f or under the plastic panel .

No.7 here shown in 2 different locations .

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=2972&MAK=3&MDL=26&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Bose amp is under the drivers seat

Beanie said:
Yep, my triangle is fixed to the floor as you mention, it's a C4 layout for sure. Any pictures or more details you can share where the amp is? As you look in there from the front of the car, the DVD is at the back right and the CD changer is flush to the right side next to it? Any more advice or pictures gratefully received!!

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures at the time. I do recall it was easy, just remove the screws from the plastic cover and then "manhandle" it out. The most challenging part is to remove the connector from the amp, which looks like below (the Ask one, which is very different from Bose).

In terms of location the amp is at the top of the boot, right in the centre. In the pic below, from the nav unit move left and then up to the top, its under there.

Attachments

• 997_4s_boot_727.jpg
    997_4s_boot_727.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 2,235
  • img_20120721_00008_209.jpg
    img_20120721_00008_209.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2,232

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member