Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Club Autosport fibreglass panels

MisterCorn

I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of these. Either the bonnet, door, or wing panels. Particularly with regards to the quality of the fit and how ripple free the surface is for painting.

Failing that, any other recommendations for lightweight 996 panels?

MC

MC

No experience in fiberglass panels at all

I would not go fiberglass door panels unless you have side protection interior cage ? Just sayin

I have seen some fiberglass bonnets and they seem to vary very much so in the finish,,,,,i have not seen a perfect one or what i would deem perfect enough for me

As for light weight, i have a CF bonnet, front bumper and rear deck lid+wing. All be it more weight from the front rather than the rear,,,,it all helps i suppose

Was looking at getty design in the US for some lightweight front wings but a deal fell through - http://www.gettydesign.com/#

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I had thought the same about the doors, I will be running a cage with door bars. If my current doors are in good enough condition I might just leave well alone. Front wings definitely need changing.

MC

Lightweight body panels?

Anyone fitted these? I am looking for feedback on overall quality etc. :?:

I was there on Friday. Proper old school manufacturer, huge number of different panels being made, no fancy showroom or expensive salesmen. My doors and bonnet are there ready to be picked up.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I was there on Friday. Proper old school manufacturer, huge number of different panels being made, no fancy showroom or expensive salesmen. My doors and bonnet are there ready to be picked up.

MC

MC
What material did you get them made from?

Jon

Yes, please update when you have picked the parts up MC!
Also interested in material choice. :thumb:

interested too!

Some of their bumpers and the ducktail is half the price of stuff online... good find

Interested here too. Especially in how good the fitment is compared with oem.

Would also be interested in how good their items are. They seem really reasonable considering a crash damaged Porsche aerokit / GT3 bumper are £700+. Bumper, skirts and ducktail for ~£1000 is very tempting!

If this helps anyone:

I got prices for the carbon fibre versions. Simply double the standard cost. So £600 for the bumper, same again for the sills.

They come with a gel coat finish, which I believe is white

Weights are 7.5kg for the bumper and 3.5kg for the pair of sills. They don't have weights for the standard parts.

I'd be interested to know how much work is required to achieve a good finish on the wings, anyone? :?:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back