Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can I gundo these stainless boxes? What size? Tiptronic!?

kas750

Zandvoort
I have this stainless system fitted to my 996 3.4 C2 and I want to do a gundo hack.
My questions are what boxes are these and what diameter pipe to use for a good improvement in noise without drone on my tiptronic car?

Any advice very gratefully received.

:thumbs: [/quote]

I initially thought they were Dansk boxes , they look very similar on the brackets .. but Dansk tend to have a flexi pipe in them so im not sure now .

Perhaps Topgear .

I often see the gundo hack and the pipe is about 4 cms across on all models .

Droneing is indeed a problem though .. some customers have hated it .. on a Cayman you can put sound deadening in the boot to stop it .

996 .. well theres plenty of places to put it on the inside at the rear to quieten it down if needed .

Thanks Iain.I think I may go with 25mm pipe as the exhaust already has a more bassy note than standard and I don't want it to sound like the exhaust has fallen off. :?:
:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back