Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2006 Cayman S PSM failure with fault codes

Nexoxen

Hi all, I have PSM failure with the following fault codes

4401 Lateral acceleration sensor line fault
4421 Rate of turn sensor line fault

Live data shows the following
Rate of turn sensor = 840.29
Status of steering angle sensor (CAN) = steering angle sensor HBA not ok
Lateral acceleration sensor = +++

Thanks in advance for replies

Any more info on this ..

Has it been stored for a while , did it just happen when driveing normally or has it been jump started etc etc .

Both faults indicate a wiring fault or a lack of a signal from the lateral sensor and the steering angle sensor and they are 2 seperate units which both goto the PSM cu .

Are you going to look at this yourself and are familiar with a voltmeter ?

If so i can find some wiring diagrams to help you .

My feeling atm after reading the code descriptions is a possible PSM cu failure or a wireing fault there .

Attachments

• rate_of_turn_sensor_code_1_816.jpg
    rate_of_turn_sensor_code_1_816.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 3,270
  • lat_sensor_code_1_269.jpg
    lat_sensor_code_1_269.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 3,270
Hi Demort. Thank you for your reply. I bought the car with the problem present. I suspect it may well have been jump started as the battery currently runs down when left standing for over a week. The previous owner also had an aftermarket head unit fitted with reverse camera.

Ok .. thats not so good news im afraid .

You seem to have 2 seperate sensors that have failed but the link between them is the psm control unit .. thats what i suspect might be the cause .

Its a case of investigateing it further .. i have wiring diagrams if needed .. not brilliant but they will do the job .

Check everything else in the car works from locking to the radio .. if the radio also dosnt work then a jump start or reverse polarity is the cause of this .

Radio, Central Locking all working fine.
Where is the PSM unit located ?
Would I also need to replace both sensors along with PSM unit ?
Wiring diagram would be great, thanks you.

Pm me an email addy and ill send the wiring diagram .. no were on here i can do it .

PSM unit is in the front boot and under the large plastic panel on the n/s/f .

Large unit with all the brake pipes going to it and a lot of wiring .. you cant miss it !

I take it this fault is permanent ,, ie both fault codes if cleared come straight back ?

We need to find the fault before we know what to replace .. if it is the psm then thats a little involved and will need codeing with a tester after replacement .

EDIT .. actually i have uploaded it for you to download .. link is in your pm box :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back