Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Word of warning... 'Modern Classic Car Co' ROGUE TRADER

Agreed, externally but that same 'flamboyance" that is evident in the unusual external Colour which now 'works" can't be said for the interior which looks Shiite

And the great thing is that if you did search for

http://www.themodernclassiccarco.com/carsforsale

Looking for the modern classic car co

And came across this thread you would spend quite a bit of time reading it .... which google loves :thumb:

They seem to have nice stock well photographed from first impression but by the sounds of things it's common knowledge these guys are worse that dick Turpin!

I was once told that if you google something then scroll down to the link you want and click on it then it pushes it up the search list so that the next person searching will see the link sooner .. :dont know:

Thanks all for the support :)

Good point about Scot lawyer, will be contacting one mornay. Anyone know any??

Demort said:
I was once told that if you google something then scroll down to the link you want and click on it then it pushes it up the search list so that the next person searching will see the link sooner .. :dont know:

Its a bit more compicated than that but in simple terms Google wants to meet your needs so tries to present solutions for your search. However if you click on a link its presents it then monitors what you do, again in simple terms the longer you then spend on that link the more it assumes it met your needs. Conversely if you click on a link and then quickly leave it assumes it did not meet your needs and is therefore less likely to present it in the next search for that item.

With specific searches such as modern classic car co there are not many choices for it to present. Plus the fact anyone clicking on this thread when presented is likely to spend some time looking through it then google is more likely to present it again and again and at / near the top :thumb:

they are also on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/modernclassiccarco

Business details

Business name: Performance & Historic

Address: Sylvester Heron
Carbeth House
killearn
Killearn
Glasgow (City of)
G63 9QB
United Kingdom

Phone: 07713862081

Email: [email protected]

Nothing that their ebay feedback is based on stuff they have bought and not sold, as there isnt anything in the last 6 months they have sold

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBay...carco&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&searchInterval=30

This bunch make FGP seem quite fair and reasonable :thumb: I have never read so many bad reviews how can people not search this info and keep trading with them. :nooo: :nooo:

I was very interested in a Boxster 986 that they were offering for sale through several online platforms, this was several years ago.
The car was photographed exceptionally well and had a great write up that very much gave the firm impression that it was a vehicle that was well known to the garage and a local vehicle. Great, documented service history etc etc.

I arrange to view the car, we live in Glasgow so a trip to the Loch Lomond area is less than 20 minutes away and a very pleasant drive too, so no hardship.

Getting the exact address was a little vague and haphazard as I know the area very well and the directions relied a lot on me making repeat calls to get updates on where to head, so my senses were that this was more than a little odd.

However we found the location, but no one was there to meet us nor was the vehicle present. However a neighbour assured us that we were in the correct place and the car had been there earlier, so the assumption was that it was away for a splash of petrol.

Another call was made and we were assured that the car was on its way and sure enough moments later it swept into view and parked up.

To my utter and complete astonishment not only did I recognise the salesman but also the car.
I had been at a car auction in Glasgow a couple of days earlier and this car had gone under the hammer, purchased by the seller I was now standing in front of!
It most definitely had been given a thorough valet and was looking much better, however the service book was stamped variously and there was no other history or invoices to support the history or any of the other claims (local/known to the seller etc)

The seller was giving me all the chat about how good it was and how well he knew the car when the penny dropped. "I get the feeling I know you" he asked "Are you local?" When I said that he probably recognised me from the auction in Glasgow he didn't miss a beat and asked me if I wanted to make him an offer!
The car was almost £3000 more than it had sold for at auction but as we had passed it by then, due to the lack of history and missing service stamps, so we declined politely and were treated to a very grumpy "time-wasters" tirade from the seemingly genuinely aggrieved seller :eh!:

Needless to say I have always found their adverts catching my eye and wondering exactly where the car has come from this time :eek:

So you really have to keep your eyes open and research not only the car but the seller too, is the lesson I guess :thumb:

peterzoom said:
I was very interested in a Boxster 986 that they were offering for sale through several online platforms, this was several years ago.
The car was photographed exceptionally well and had a great write up that very much gave the firm impression that it was a vehicle that was well known to the garage and a local vehicle. Great, documented service history etc etc.

I arrange to view the car, we live in Glasgow so a trip to the Loch Lomond area is less than 20 minutes away and a very pleasant drive too, so no hardship.

Getting the exact address was a little vague and haphazard as I know the area very well and the directions relied a lot on me making repeat calls to get updates on where to head, so my senses were that this was more than a little odd.

However we found the location, but no one was there to meet us nor was the vehicle present. However a neighbour assured us that we were in the correct place and the car had been there earlier, so the assumption was that it was away for a splash of petrol.

Another call was made and we were assured that the car was on its way and sure enough moments later it swept into view and parked up.

To my utter and complete astonishment not only did I recognise the salesman but also the car.
I had been at a car auction in Glasgow a couple of days earlier and this car had gone under the hammer, purchased by the seller I was now standing in front of!
It most definitely had been given a thorough valet and was looking much better, however the service book was stamped variously and there was no other history or invoices to support the history or any of the other claims (local/known to the seller etc)

The seller was giving me all the chat about how good it was and how well he knew the car when the penny dropped. "I get the feeling I know you" he asked "Are you local?" When I said that he probably recognised me from the auction in Glasgow he didn't miss a beat and asked me if I wanted to make him an offer!
The car was almost £3000 more than it had sold for at auction but as we had passed it by then, due to the lack of history and missing service stamps, so we declined politely and were treated to a very grumpy "time-wasters" tirade from the seemingly genuinely aggrieved seller :eh!:

Needless to say I have always found their adverts catching my eye and wondering exactly where the car has come from this time :eek:

So you really have to keep your eyes open and research not only the car but the seller too, is the lesson I guess :thumb:

Peter thats a shocking story mate :nooo: unlike the FGP thread where the dealer just thought he was in the right to do what he did , these guys are clearly nothing more than outright crooks and conmen . :nooo: :nooo:

jonttt said:
Demort said:

Its a bit more compicated than that but in simple terms Google wants to meet your needs so tries to present solutions for your search. However if you click on a link its presents it then monitors what you do, again in simple terms the longer you then spend on that link the more it assumes it met your needs. Conversely if you click on a link and then quickly leave it assumes it did not meet your needs and is therefore less likely to present it in the next search for that item.

With specific searches such as modern classic car co there are not many choices for it to present. Plus the fact anyone clicking on this thread when presented is likely to spend some time looking through it then google is more likely to present it again and again and at / near the top :thumb:

Thank you young man .. a perfect explanation :thumb:

peterzoom said:

Wow! Just read through this entire thread & it just goes to show that some dealers are outright crooks!
Had one in my area, well known locally as a cowboy to the point that no one local would touch them even though they had some nice stock. They eventually went down the tubes, so karma comes around eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baltic928GT
Back