Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodbye 996 C4S, hello E34 M5 3.6!

Beej - that looks well fookin-mean m8.

Love it. :thumb:

Osh

HCS911 - thanks for the link.

Osh and Toddy, kindred spirits, we do love German build quality and I can certainly vouch for the shutting 'thunk' of all the openings to this car!
The previous owner stuck this Eisenmann exhaust on recently before selling but it's too loud for my old git ears! I do have the original so I may stick that back on. Let's see how long I can live with it before the neighbours start milling around with pitchforks and torches :D

Attachments

• exhaust_211.jpeg
    exhaust_211.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 3,750
Cannot believe the guy sold that M5 after putting so much into it. Good news for you (and the car, though). :thumb:

Thanks EGTE, I do hope my fairly smug grin is not wiped off any time soon!

That is lovely dude!

My heart was sinking when I was reading the original build thread - I once turned an E36 328 into a track car. The sheer amount of rust everywhere was unbelievable! Most parts/running gear on the M5 look identical to the E36 so it took me right back.

I'd be a little concerned about all the new panels, particularly keeping an eye for rust at the joins with the old panels. You'd hate to have to go through it again.

Its another one of those cars which I would love to own. Superb stuff :thumb:

Thanks for the heads-up Ragpicker, much appreciated!
I notice in the resto thread that it had been waxoyled (not sure where exactly though).

Beej160 said:
CB, we've already exchanged comments on the 5-series board so I feel I know you a little already!

If it was possible to keep both the C4S and the M5, I would have but needs must, my son's car really needed an update so with the sale of the C4S, it almost covers the cost of the M5 and his new car.

Sure have.

I've had many BMW's over the years inc. e36 M3, e46 M3, e39 M5 and still prefer then overall ability of a good e34. My project e34 wagon has an M3 motor dropped in. :wink:
Enjoy the journey getting the car just as you want it with the added bonus of zero depreciation.

Top job for helping your son out with his car too. :thumb:

If your thinking of selling the Eisenmann then shoot me PM as I could be interested.

Safe driving.

C.

HVery cool ! I had a 1993 3.8l Nurburgring package model years ago. I so regret selling it very difficult to find decent examples now... totally a classic with that charismatic big in line 6.
Enjoy and good luck with the restoration!
:eh!:

I was going to buy a 3.8 but the seller started to play silly buggers (I bought a train ticket to go buy it but the night before he called to say he's not selling it). A week later, he calls to say he wants to sell, for 2.5K more.

I said no, or words to that effect...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back