Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil leak and heavy clutch- a pleasent end

pancobalt

I purchased my car 3 yrs ago with a heavy stiff clutch pedal but perfectly fine working clutch (allegidly they are all like that ).

For the last year, i have had an oil weep from the engine, suspected rear main oil seal . Finally after much debate , porsche extended warranty agreed to repair the oil leak. As the "misting" had turned into a full on drip.

:)
So gearbox removed and i am permitted to assess the components neatly laid on the bench with a very friendly knowledgable patient master tech.

Rms seal dry as a bone. The culpret was the ims seal. And yes on my april 2005 car , i have the later revised ims bearing ( there is a huge nut at the end of the shaft ),

Flywheel sweet , no hotspots or blueing , 50% clutch plates remaining, we tried to look for date stamps on both parts but were unsuccessful .

Pitting found on clutch slave cylinder and clutch fork (release ), so these were both replaced for a reasonable £250 all in, while we were in there.

Well happy with the service from opc byfleet last week. My oil usage should in theory, be less, not major to start with ,and for some reason my clutch pedal feels lighter and not heavy at all.

Byfleet are excellent

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back