Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 79
996 : 1997-2005 48
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

hermes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Function First mounts fitted to my 2007 C4S. I was concerned
about the other aftermarket options being too harsh, but had to replace
my ageing OE parts.

No complaints about the Ff items, but can’t compare them to any of the
other options of course. My commute is 280 miles round trip.

Oh, I also have the DSC controller, which may also make some difference?

HTH

nikos525
Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
nikos525 wrote:
Just reading up on the different mounts and came across these:
http://nyppd.com/all-parts/nyppd-engine-mount-kit-porsche-911-996-997-98-99-00-01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09/
Also claiming to have less NVH than the RSS mounts & a lifetime warranty!
The only thing I don't like is the NYPPD graphics.
I might give them a go Very Happy

those look very similar to the wevo ones interesting about using 50% more urathaine than competitors. they are quite a bit cheaper as well

I'll wait for the NYPPD mounts to be back in stock and go for these, I'm trying to understand how they are using 50% more urethane but I can't quite see any difference in the pictures Question

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK today fitted the function first semi semi solid engine mounts , they are new OE mounts filled with eurathane .
Fitting was very easy as they are OE ,my first impression is theres as much NVH as when I fitted the rennline semi solids to my gen1. there certainly isnt No NVH, its noticable even on tick over even my tech agreed on this .
I was unable to give them more than a couple of miles road test today as my clutch has started to slip.
Massive improvement in gear change and the sticky gear change with the SSK has gone.
Yes the swingy back end feels better.
I will give them a bit of time to settle down and bed in as even the semi solids settle and bed in a bit over time. I am hoping they settle down more than the semi solids and the NVH stops. I cant compare them to what fitting straight OE mounts would feel like as I havent ever done that so they might even be a bit harsh when new comparred to stretched 7/8 yr old mounts .
Whats my thoughts - If they don't settle after a few weeks the old OE mounts will go back on as they were in perfect condition and I intentionally was trying to avoid the NVH from semi solids, its only mild but I didnt want it on my gen2 as the gen2 is smoother and more refined than the gen1 so what was good on the gen1 and worked well, won't IMO suit the gen2 .
My initial thoughts are I am dissapointed that they are not significantly better on NVH than semi solids but in fairness will give them a chance over a few weeks /miles in the hope they settle down and become what I had hoped for which was an OE feel but with less swinging about of the engine and better gear changes.
I will update the thread with my final verdict in due course.

rhino-man
Monza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
OK today fitted the function first semi semi solid engine mounts , they are new OE mounts filled with eurathane .
Fitting was very easy as they are OE ,my first impression is theres as much NVH as when I fitted the rennline semi solids to my gen1. there certainly isnt No NVH, its noticable even on tick over even my tech agreed on this .
I was unable to give them more than a couple of miles road test today as my clutch has started to slip.
Massive improvement in gear change and the sticky gear change with the SSK has gone.
I will give them a bit of time to settle down and bed in as even the semi solids settle and bed in a bit over time. I am hoping they settle down more than the semi solids and the NVH stops. I cant compare them to what fitting straight OE mounts would feel like as I havent ever done that so they might even be a bit harsh when new comparred to stretched 7/8 yr old mounts .
Whats my thoughts - If they don't settle after a few weeks the old OE mounts will go back on as they were in perfect condition and I intentionally was trying to avoid the NVH from semi solids, its only mild but I didnt want it on my gen2 as the gen2 is smoother and more refined than the gen1 so what was good on the gen1 and worked well, won't IMO suit the gen2 .
My initial thoughts are I am dissapointed that they are not significantly better on NVH than semi solids but in fairness will give them a chance over a few weeks /miles in the hope they settle down and become what I had hoped for which was an OE feel but with less swinging about of the engine and better gear changes.

Thanks for the comments Phil, early days as you say, they may well settle.

Mines booked into OPC in a couple of weeks having a slightly saggy O/S mount being assessed for a warranty replacement from its 67k life. I'm waiting to see what they say and whether its covered under warranty before deciding another direction.

nikos525
Silverstone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:

Thanks for the update Phil, I feel you on the NVH, that's what I'm trying to avoid to, well as much as I can.
I'm still waiting for the NYPPD ones to be in stock, I had emailed the company as to when they are expecting more stock but no reply, not a good sign as to their customer service dept. Question

Turbojim997
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:

Phil... you have 200db exhaust and you are worried about some minor vibration from the engine mounts.
Want me to pop round and give them a bedding in session for you? My RSS mounts are perfect in the turbo. Next up on there list of bits for the GT3 too although may go fully solid for cup car-esque experience 😂
2015 VW Golf GTD

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbojim997 wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:

Phil... you have 200db exhaust and you are worried about some minor vibration from the engine mounts.
Want me to pop round and give them a bedding in session for you? My RSS mounts are perfect in the turbo. Next up on there list of bits for the GT3 too although may go fully solid for cup car-esque experience 😂

Floor Floor Floor well put like that Jim Grin the only thing I can say in my deffence is I planned for a very loud exhaust but I didnt plan for any NVH from my engine mounts Grin Grin but I am hoping they bed in as I do remember my drive home after fitting the semi solids to the gen 1 and thinking OMG what have I done and they soon settled down to an acceptable level of NVH .

Iansta
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my RSS semi-solids installed for about 8 months and 3500 mikes now and love them. As others have said they improve the gear changes and also tie the rear end together so it feels more cohesive particularly in quick changes of direction.

On first install there was some annoying vibrations set up in the dash board at 1900 rpm and also at 3100 rpm range if you were sat at those revs for any period but these have settled down and no longer appear.

I don't even notice any increase in NVH now but enjoy the increase in noise when I rev out the engine.

Would recommend them particularly if replacing worn mounts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: