Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I''m back in a 911!!!.. 996 C2 project begins.

The new radiators arrived this morning.

And this afternoon I fitted them.
There were no leaks or dramas but I have discovered that the drivers side radiator fan is not working.
The fan powers up when wired directly and there is a supply from the car loom so I suspect the resistor is faulty.

So what are we using as a 911UK work around on this then chaps?

infrasilver said:
There is a splice/solder in resistor kit as the originals are hard wired or run through some other parts, can't remember exactly but the splice kit is the easiest way.

Cheers Chris I thought it may be a splice in kit.
Hopefully there is a maplins part that will do the job. :roll: :mrgreen:

kas750 said:
infrasilver said:
There is a splice/solder in resistor kit as the originals are hard wired or run through some other parts, can't remember exactly but the splice kit is the easiest way.

Cheers Chris I thought it may be a splice in kit.
Hopefully there is a maplins part that will do the job. :roll: :mrgreen:

Done a bit of digging and RS do one that someone in the States has had success fitting (and working). Just need to double check the spec before going ahead.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/panel-mount-fixed-resistors/0188071/

Look at making yourself some mesh grills whilst the PU is off. I just bought some stainless mesh off eBay.

alex yates said:
Look at making yourself some mesh grills whilst the PU is off. I just bought some stainless mesh off eBay.

+1 to that, it's amazing how much crap gets in there.

I bought Ally mesh in black so it's unobtrusive and easier to bend to shape than stainless - I'd tried to fit Rennline parts and their steel mesh wouldn't bend to shape (and was ridiculously expensive - it went back). I did use stainless screws.

Thanks for the links chaps
:thumb:

Btw mesh is already fitted.

Exactly what I used thanks to the advice on here -

Make sure they're in the airflow for a bit of cooling. Not many other places they'll fit anyway to be honest.

The previous page we're on really is crucifying me. Everytime I open it, nice shiny alloys stare me in the face.........and mine are mullered :nooo:

alex yates said:
The previous page we're on really is crucifying me. Everytime I open it, nice shiny alloys stare me in the face.........and mine are mullered :nooo:
The ones on my car have recently been refurbed by the dude in north wales.
Its a good job but i'm not really a fan of powder coating.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back