Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flappy Paddle Mod

C4-STORM

Half way there!

Manual steering wheel :thumb:
AMG Paddle Switches :thumb:
Fitment :?:
Retrim :?:

One of the best mods you can do on a tip. Completely changed the way I drove mine. :thumb:

911tom said:
One of the best mods you can do on a tip. Completely changed the way I drove mine. :thumb:

I agree! I actually prefer driving it most of the time to a manual!

(takes cover)

HSC911 said:
C4-STORM said:
Fitment :?:
Retrim :?:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582&highlight=flappy+paddle

All part of the service :grin:

:thumb:

Thanks guys can't wait..

Cheers Jin for the wheel, managed to grab a set of shifters from eBay yesterday BNIB and same part number as that brilliant thread above which I will use for my DIY conversion.

Just waiting for Royal Steering Wheels to come back to me for the (optional) retrim in black alcantara top/bottom with black perforated leather sides, silver stitching and a centre band either silver or red.. :grin:

Not sure what that will set me back but I appreciate all your help in gathering basic components and the guy on eBay who accepted my offer on his shifters.. :grin:

Let's hope I don't feck it up :eh!:

911tom said:

Hey Tom,

Can I ask who did your re-wiring of your paddle wheel on your Turbo?

I believe I've seen you at MK meet once, so hoping you have a local company to us (fellow Bucks owner) that undertook the work that I can use for mine.

I have the wheel all re-trimmed and paddles installed... just need a good auto electrician to work their magic in connecting it all up.

So recommendations would be ace.

Thanks

Mr B

MrB said:
911tom said:

Hey Tom,

I believe I've seen you at MK meet once, so hoping you have a local company to us (fellow Bucks owner) that undertook the work that I can use for mine.

I have the wheel all re-trimmed and paddles installed... just need a good auto electrician to work their magic in connecting it all up.

Thanks

Mr B

Got any pics of yours bud :thumb:

C4-STORM said:
Got any pics of yours bud :thumb:

Hi C4-STORM

The wheel, sadly not... it's sitting in my garage, but when I am next over there I'll get a few pics. I have extended black leather interior on my Forest Green Turbo, so opted for a alcantara trim (that matches the roof lining) and has a red 12'o'Clock marker to match the brake callipers.

Genuinely can't wait to have it fitted, hence keen to hear Tom's response! :)

Mr B

MrB said:
911tom said:

Hey Tom,

Thanks

Mr B

You dont need to get a company to do the electrics if you have a bit of DIY skill:

The wiring is very simple - just figure out which wire is for the "up" shift and which wire is for the "down" shift (these are connected to the switches on your current wheel so fairly obvious)

Then just strip the wire, put a new connector on, and then attach it to your new switch!

If that does seem too much, then be assured that any professional should be able to figure it out easily enough.

The hardest bit is aligning the new paddles to look and feel as comfortable as possible, as you'll need to cut away foam (and some metal)

Here's a pic of my install, forgive the crappy photo but I was quite excited!

xB19H5b.jpg

I'll get a better "classy" shot at some point

MrB said:
911tom said:

Hey Tom,

Thanks

Mr B

I got the whole job done by edition 9. Thing is mine was done 5 years ago. At that time it was a new mod and no one New what parts were being used! As such I did not need to wire mine but as it happens I am an electrician so if you need a hand I'm happy to help. :thumbs:

Jay. said:

xB19H5b.jpg

Are the shifters easy enough to reach? I have a DCT daily driver and the shape of the paddle is a similar blade but with a pad part sticking out and very ergonomic to the fingers

Jay. said:

Thanks Jay!

911tom said:
MrB said:
911tom said:

I got the whole job done by edition 9. Thing is mine was done 5 years ago. At that time it was a new mod and no one New what parts were being used! As such I did not need to wire mine but as it happens I am an electrician so if you need a hand I'm happy to help. :thumbs:

Hi Tom,

That is immensely kind of you and an offer I will most likely take you up on as in truth... wiring scare the hell out of me! The wheel needs fitting, but all the paddles are in situ and fitted... just the clever wiring bit remains! Sadly the Turbo is off shortly to have its spoiler rams replaced so once thats back lets reconvene.

Best wishes Mr B (Nath)

C4-STORM said:
Jay. said:

xB19H5b.jpg

Are the shifters easy enough to reach? I have a DCT daily driver and the shape of the paddle is a similar blade but with a pad part sticking out and very ergonomic to the fingers

Yep fairly easy - I was initially going to buy some extenders, but I don't need them. Fingers sit within easy distance of them, and the only issue I have is when I have turned the wheel 180 and need to shift from 1st to 2nd

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back