Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Reliable V8 estate - what should I buy?

That looks great. 2 owners is a good sign.

Buy it and de-badge. (And get ready to spend lots on fuel!)

:thumbs:

Dammit - how about left field - but same stable, Mercedes ML.

Bought one for Mrs Osh just over a year ago - superb car

Osh

I had an Audi S4, 40v V8, 344bhp and was really well built, interior was stunning and they are a total bargain in comparison with the RS4, I would have another one in a heartbeat. I would assume they have done all their depreciating by now.

Only car I have driven that scared me, ie couldn't get the keys in the door when I got home as my hands were shaking. :oops:

I also run a b7 S4 avant, had the car 10 years, now at 120k miles and straight through the MOT. Not quite an RS4 but doesn't have the DRC suspension that breaks, FSI engine that clogs up or nick me written on the front and back.

That said last year I did have someone knock on the door one Friday evening trying to distract me to get the keys (which were not in the hall anyway).

Plus cheaper road tax if you choose wisely.

I went to see an R36 tonight, liked it a lot.

The 850R needs to sell on Saturday, but if it does I think I'll buy the Veedub.

Dammit said:
And the sale has fallen through - his Mrs didn't like the interior.

Can I get some feedback on the advert please?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C959597

Looks great quality. Seems odd to rule out such a well looked after example on the basis on interior.

I may be being unobservant, but I can't see the mileage on the ad. A pic of the rear three-quarter view in the thumbnails would be good.

Ad looks good to me. It is aimed at the enthusiast.

Steering wheel pic is a bit blurry, and maybe add a shot showing rear passenger space...

You could go into servicing history inc big ticket items, plugs/clutch etc. When done/when due.

These are the practical bits that your buyer will use to convince their other half.

Think about what kind of person would be looking for this type of car? I assume it's advertised on Volvo/Rallying forums?

I generally only browse pistonheads and autotrader

:dont know:

Thanks for the feedback, towbar is removable, I'll make that clear:

29696618970_d0b8aefbe6_b.jpg

And I'll add the mileage (185k), and update those photographs to less blurry ones.

Nobody has mentioned a Jag XFR-S Sportbrake (if you can find one)

Engine: 5,000cc, supercharged V8
Transmission: 8-speed automatic, rear-wheel drive
Power (hp): 550@6,400rpm
Torque (lb ft): 502@2,500-5,500rpm
MPG: 22.2
CO2: 297g/km

Attachments

• jag_167.png
    jag_167.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 6,034
Not within the OP's £10k budget sadly.

Neither is the R36 or E63 tbh, that 10k is more of an aspiration than a reality.

Anyway, it's all moot until the 850R sells.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back