Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

where to look for a 996TT?

HSC911 said:
Friends Green Porsche have one :D

Anyone had any experience of them :dont know:

:grin:

:hand:

:D

I like your sense of humour!

Regarding the above mentioned car sales emporium. I already seen evidence of ebay shilling of said cars. A red 996tt with GT2RS intercoolers and big injectors (not the orange red one) had been on a popular auction site and hasn't met the required price and magically relisted due to time wasters. It's been relisted 3 times ISTR. Lot's of time wasters on said auction site.

That sort of behaviour just gives people the wrong impression and the example I've seen of poor customer service just reinforces that.

uk996 said:
A red 996tt with GT2RS intercoolers and big injectors (not the orange red one) had been on a popular auction site and hasn't met the required price and magically relisted due to time wasters. It's been relisted 3 times ISTR. Lot's of time wasters on said auction site.

Forum member's old car too :thumb:

Do you remember who the previous owner was ?
would be interesting to see work out what sort of mark up is applied.

Thanks !

I'd been scouring AT, PH, Carandclassic etc etc for months, then a really bad ad popped up on AT late on a Sunday night, by Tuesday I'd travelled 350 miles and bought the car.

Just keep your eyes peeled, if you've been watching the ads for a while you'll soon get familiar with those cars that have been around for a while.

Arranged to see a 2002 996tt in seal grey 6MT. 71K miles, next Monday.

"The car comes with the Aero kit fitted from factory. It obviously has a few stone chips but minimal for its age.It has just recently had a new set of Michelin pilots fitted and Ive had it professionally polished just a few months ago.I have replaced all the radiators on the front including air con rads recently. Its also had Bilstein coil-overs as the original ones were shot. These cars also suffer with second gear problems however this car has had a gear box rebuild to rectify this and also had a new clutch fitted at the same time."

Wish me luck...

media.jpg

Aim for at least £600 off to get the correct aerokit front splitter bought and fitted :thumb:

MC

MrC,
didn't notice that, thanks :)

Supposed to be like this one ?

063.jpg

What's the one on there at the mo ?

Also I prefer the wheels looking standard.

I think it might be a standard one, but yes it should look like the one in your photo. I agree on the wheels as well, but for me that is personal taste. The splitter is either practicality or being a cheapskate.

MC

Went to see the car this morning.

A few things noted, MOT runs out soon and will need a service in April. Passenger window doesn't drop on door opening properly. Previous owner swapped aero front lip for standard turbo lip, still has original and is willing to part with it.

Came to an agreeable price to both parties to take account of above, deposit paid.

Take ownership next week :->

Fantastic, nice job. I look forward to hearing more about it.

MC

911tom said:
HSC911 said:
uk996 said:
Do you remember who the previous owner was ?
would be interesting to see work out what sort of mark up is applied.

Junky

5th post down:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1336429&highlight=#1336429

:thumb:

I believe Junky Part ex'd it at OPC for a newer model, could be wrong though...
Yes I think he just went through a phase with the car that it needed work too regularly and I discussed it with him - he part ex'd it to an OPC for Cayman

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back