Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

To wash or not to wash.....

rhino-man said:
I like a third bucket just for the wheels, all are on dollies with the wash and rinse linked together, far easier to kick round the car than picking up and moving.

Final rinse with a DI vessel, saves drying, especially this time of year when the clean car last about three seconds, but also in the summer if you are fighting the sunlight with a dark car.

Whats a DI vessel? :?:

ragpicker said:
rhino-man said:
I like a third bucket just for the wheels, all are on dollies with the wash and rinse linked together, far easier to kick round the car than picking up and moving.

Final rinse with a DI vessel, saves drying, especially this time of year when the clean car last about three seconds, but also in the summer if you are fighting the sunlight with a dark car.

Whats a DI vessel? :?:

DI - de-ironised water, basically softens the water so that you don't get water spots on the car when not drying it properly. As long as your tap water is under 10ppi you don't need one but mine here is around 350ppi untreated and cars look terrible if the sun dries it before you do. With DI you can rinse and walk away.

The solution, I've found, is to never, ever use the car and keep it under a dust sheet. This has a number of advantages, not least not having to worry about keeping it clean, but also no worries about IMS, bore score.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yarders
Back