Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Barn Find!

wasz said:
That Ferrari is jaw droppingly beautiful. I still cannot believe that it is worth over $2m though, a quite ridiculous amount of money and just demonstrates what is wrong with human society.

Don't read Octane mag then, you will implode.

wasz said:
That Ferrari is jaw droppingly beautiful. I still cannot believe that it is worth over $2m though, a quite ridiculous amount of money and just demonstrates what is wrong with human society.
Is it anymore ridiculous than paying money for a clear rock to put on your wife's hand.
The Aboriginal community consider the concept of land ownership to be ridiculous, yet most people put their money into it.
Horses for courses.

Does this mean Wayne Carini missed out on the barn find of the century, almost on his doorstep?

Robertb said:
wasz said:

Don't read Octane mag then, you will implode.

I do get it, they ring me up and ask if I want a trial subscription £5 for 6 issues and I have them then cancel again, rinse and repeat every 12 months.

I just look at the pictures, the text is mostly drivel. Their world is bizarre, the people collecting these cars are competing with each other to collect cars and clearly live on another planet to the rest of us - and the octane journalists are overly sycophantic to this. Its so "aspirational" it makes me sick, the watch articles are the worst. But I really love the cars for the engineering and they are art. My favourites are from the 20's to 40's absolutely amazing creations, the effort is not put in these days.

I would struggle to rationalise spending that money on an object but then I suppose if I had that much money I would be part of that world and it would be my normal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back