Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant specs

asterix_the_gaul

Is the Porsche coolant siOAT or OAT? I've seen people say comma g40 and also g30 or the tripleQX red. G30 is OAT, g40 is siOAT, does it matter, is one any better than another?

Comma G40 is the same as the Porsche one for 996 and 997. You don't want to mix with any other spec.

Well, that's what I find confusing as comma says g30 is for 1996-2009 and g40 for 2010 cars onwards, plus I don't believe siOAT was even developed at 996 production start.

Porsche coolant is the same for 996 and 997?? It must all be OAT rather than HOAT/siOAT then? So therefore g30 or TripleQX red if you didn't get the Porsche bottled stuff.
I suppose if you completely flush it all you can run whatever you wanted but would be wise to put a sticker on the tank saying what's in it!

Anybody know what chemistry porsche Use in their coolant? Is it the same coolant 997 to 6 or does it change between model years?

To be fair, I just put my registration number in the Comma website, and it is coming up with G30.

I am not sure what is going on, as when I checked a few years back it advised G40, which is what is in my car! I am sure I even printed out the technical data sheet at the time, and will have it somewhere.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong information.

This is the technical sheet I downloaded a few years back, quoting G40 for my 2005 997.

Attachments

• comma_coolant_etc_specifications_706.pdf
    272.6 KB · Views: 93
No, not at all, there seems to be plenty of conflicting information about..

Checked mine the other day and it was low from the last week when i drove it hence the questions
I topped mine off with water today as it was down about a litre as its been leaking from the cap due to old original 00 cap or my ineptitude screwing it on tight enough after previous check.
i ran it up to temp, cooled it down then took a sample which had excellent clarity, was pink in colour and tested 7.4Ph but only 2 balls floated which means its a bit weak so will probably just take a couple of litres out and replace wth concentrate g30 to get the mix right. Pretty sure it's Porsche pink or that which has been put in there previously.
I have the updated coolant cap on order and some weetabix so i can screw it on tight!

Im afraid i cant really help .. i just use what ever the company provides and thats Porsche antifreeze from porsche .

2 balls floating is -12 degrees so a little low as Porsche say a 50 / 50 mix thats about -35 .

Approx 22 ltrs of coolant in the car so 12 ltrs of antifreeze would give the required amount .. on -12 i would think about 4 ltrs added to be safe .

At the end of the day its down to what ever the lowest temps are likely to be in your area .

One point to add .. modern antifreeze has a leak inhibitor .. so it will seal small coolant leaks .. hence the pinkish crust you sometimes see on rad caps or joints .

If a rad cap is hard to do up or undo and this is more cayenne , 991 or panamera then a small amount of wd40 on the threads helps .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back