Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag light fault code 20?

captain caveman

Ok so the airbag light is showing on my car. Scanned for the code with a foxwel scanner and it brings up fault code 20 ignition driver.
But from what I've read this code relates to an alarm fault and the airbag bag fault code should be 21.
Anyone able to shine some light on this? And also what is the ignition 20 driver?

Fault code 20 will most likely be either the drivers airbag faulty or the clock spring thats faulty ..

Worth removeing the airbag and checking the brown or brown/yellow wire on the caseing hasnt broken off .

EDIT for picts .

Attachments

• ab2_1_684.jpg
    ab2_1_684.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,484
  • ab1_1_498.jpg
    ab1_1_498.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 1,484
I'll have a look at that in the morning. Already have a spare clock spring ready. Just a bit confused by the different fault codes. Thought there was only the one for the clock ring.

It seems there are 5 different codes for the same thing .. a bit strange to say the least .

When you remove the airbag have a look at a wire clipped onto the base plate .. this breaks at the connection and im pretty sure it causes this code .. its obvious anyways .

The tool listed is just a resistor .. but im not sure what the resistance is .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back