Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Pressure Washer?

Andrew911

I seem to get through Pressure Washers like no tomorrow. Have had two Karcher's & currently a Nilfisk - they all seem to last 18-24 months. It gets used every week to clean one of the cars & every year for a massive clean up of patio & decking. The current Nilfisk seems to have developed an intermittent problem - going from no pressure to full on. Think it might be on the way out. Also when i bought this Nilfisk I obviously didn't do enough research as you can't get a snow foam connector for this particular model. Maybe I'am not investing enough - i guess i pay circa £120-140.

Just wonder what peoples advice is & what's a decent product for home use.

My Aldi washer (about £80 IIRC) is excellent but they only have them for sale occasionally.

There was a thread a few weeks back about this topic. Nilfisk seemed go be the recommended choice as Karcher were made with butter by the sounds of it.
B&Q have one on sale about £78 from memory I saw on the weekend

FZP said:
There was a thread a few weeks back about this topic. Nilfisk seemed go be the recommended choice as Karcher were made with butter by the sounds of it.
B&Q have one on sale about £78 from memory I saw on the weekend
I moved to Nilfisk after two Karchar's. Quite like the Nilfisk although my fault I thought it would be easy to get a proper snow lance for it but the model i got you can't fit one. That aside its seem to have lasted about the same as the Karchar's I've had. Noticed Karchar have a new design & their top of the range pressure washer's now come with a five year guarantee which is impressive. So maybe better than they were.

If you want something better, take a look at Kranzle.

Magic919 said:
If you want something better, take a look at Kranzle.
Yep. Think you are right. Their portable K1050 is cheaper & looks better quality than some K series Karchar's.

That one, but with the hose reel is like the one I use.

Andrew911 said:
Noticed Karchar have a new design & their top of the range pressure washer's now come with a five year guarantee which is impressive. So maybe better than they were.

Hilarious really isn't it. It's no more than an on/off switch and a high pressure pump, which in all other industries would be straight forward engineering - but in the car washing world we seem to have to buy a new one more often than blokes need to buy new pants.

I have a pressure washer that works perfectly fine. The hose on the other hand, had a plastic thread rather metal thread to join onto the pump. Do you think I can find anywhere that can put a metal screw fixing on?
All the hydraulic hose guys don't want to know. Do looks like I'm going to be forced to purchase a new washer for a 2 cent part :dont know:

FZP said:
I have a pressure washer that works perfectly fine. The hose on the other hand, had a plastic thread rather metal thread to join onto the pump. Do you think I can find anywhere that can put a metal screw fixing on?
All the hydraulic hose guys don't want to know. Do looks like I'm going to be forced to purchase a new washer for a 2 cent part :dont know:

Do you have a picture??

Would this do it??

http://www.mikalor.com/super-heavy-duty-clamp-eng

jotaking said:
FZP said:

Do you have a picture??

Would this do it??

http://www.mikalor.com/super-heavy-duty-clamp-eng
Thanks for looking. No this isn't it. If you can imagine that there is a male threaded outlet at the front of the pressure washer, to which you would screw on the female end which is one of the hose, the other end being the lance.
The part I'm referring to is the plastic female end of the hose that connects to the washer. The thread has stripped off after so many years of connect and disconnect.

Pressure washer

Whatever make you decide upon ensure the motor is water 💦 cooled, these tend to be more expensive but they are longer lasting.
Last year I replaced a Karcher with another Karcher but this time a K4, water cooled motor and it runs quieter and much, much cooler. The death of these machines is over-heating and the seals fail.

Bought my Karcher k75 for about €500 (£400) in 2005. Still going strong. I have only had to replace the hose which my sister left full of water over the winter :evil: and the plastic hose holder which got broken in the boot of a car.

All the spare parts are available for it too, so when they do break it is easy to replace. I would buy another Karcher if this one died.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back