Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Soundproofing success on the 997.1

pcat said:
Alfaian said:
Sound deadening? In a 911 ? :what:

I must be in the minority who actually like the road noise :)

All that dynamat must weigh a fair bit too.

I though this would be a thread about removing sound proofing around the rear seats to get more induction noise into the cabin

I hear Nissan Leafs are really quiet

Its it leafs or leaves?

:grin:

I would've bought a nice jag or Bentley if I wanted little road noise, not a Porsche :) and all that added weight :hand:

Each to their own I suppose.

Alfaian said:
pcat said:
Alfaian said:

I though this would be a thread about removing sound proofing around the rear seats to get more induction noise into the cabin

Its it leafs or leaves?

I would've bought a nice jag or Bentley if I wanted little road noise, not a Porsche :) and all that added weight :hand:

You like Tyre roar :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

Boba fett said:
Alfaian said:
pcat said:
Alfaian said:

Its it leafs or leaves?

It's only a pain on concrete sectioned roads and there's not many around to be adding the extra weight of dynamat.

It's ok for you turbo owners but us pauper Carrera owners need all the help we can get :grin:

Alfaian said:
pcat said:
Alfaian said:

Its it leafs or leaves?

FYI it only required about 5kg of dynamat, and Improves the soundproofing to a similar level that the 997.2 has.

Good work. Each to their own

I only have a 996t and to be honest when poodling around can just about hear the stereo. When pressing on and or on Boost. I cannot hear the stereo. I like it that way !

ok I investigated where the worst noise was coming from, then took the advise and wrapped the kids in dynamat , I must say they were reluctant but its certainly quieter in the car now. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
ok I investigated where the worst noise was coming from, then took the advise and wrapped the kids in dynamat , I must say they were reluctant but its certainly quieter in the car now. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Great minds an all that...I did the wife's mouth, its very versatile stuff !

Boba fett said:
Alfaian said:
pcat said:
Alfaian said:

Its it leafs or leaves?

Cant say ive noticed tyre noise, what tyres have you got? PSE and h&s x pipe all i hear is the engine or the bose

Hi Guys,

I've done myself just the doors so far. And ive used flash band from B&Q It's very similar stuff just bit thinner so you need to apply few layers. But much cheaper.
The downside of that is that flash band is burning as hell so potentially you building yourself a death trap.

Not sure about dynamatte, but I suspect the same as all those materials are made from bitumine anyway.

Another issue is that bitumine materials do the job when is worm, below some temperatures they getting hard and stiff loosing it acoustic properties.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back