Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clutch pedal not fully up

Dave Smith

Our 911 finally saw the 2018 light today after 2/3 months stuck in the garage. Had a walk planned so seemed a great opportunity to take it out.

Its been used to this lack of use each winter and never beena problem. However today when I took it out the clutch pedal was partially down and stayed down. I tried pumping the clutch but made no difference, I could still change gear OK so decided to go for the planned drive anyway and see if this helped.

About 15 minutes later my left foot was pleasantly surprised to be hit by the clutch pedal pinging up and returning to normal. Was fine for the rest of teh drive to the walk, and when we drive home.

My only guess is that this is the first really cold winter for a while, and its not been used for slightly longer than usual.

Just wondered what might be going on?

And yes, I know I should be using the car more often :D

Sounds like it may have been a sticky master or slave cylinder :dont know:

Will most likely be ok now.

Pop an orthopeodic shoe on your left foot. It'll give a bit more 'stroke' That'll sort it... :)

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago. Master slave was the issue, cheap fix

Thanks all.

Will keep an eye on it and try and get the car out a bit more as the weather improves. Its being serviced in June so will mention it then if nothing happens in between.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back