Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen Washer System - help!

Demort said:
The headlight side is operated via a relay whilst the washers come direct from the switch.

Its the green / red wire that goes to the switch .

EDIT

The diagram shows the black plug with the yellow white wire as the headlamp washer
:?

Hmm, looks like they may have been re-connected wrongly (following my scuttle repairs).

My guess is that the green + brown connector should have been plugged into the windscreen pump. And the yellow + brown should have gone to the headlamp pump.

They were the other way round.

Which could mean that the problem could be a faulty relay in the fuse box?

Actually, thinking about it further...I wonder if switching the connectors over (to the correct pumps) will sort the problem. Will update in the morning!

Update: connectors now attached to the correct pumps. Windscreen wash function restored to perfect working order. Headlamp system not working! I'm not convinced this ever worked (in my ownership). Suspect it may be the relay. Will get to that in good time. Meantime, I can wash my windscreen - either normally or 'intensively' with silicone!

Good to hear you've sorted it sunshine.
Don't forget that the headlamp washer only works with engine running and lights on.....actually you may not have to have to have the engine running :?:

Good call. Weather is set fair for West Cornwall tomorrow, so fingers crossed...

Hey Chief and Demort,

Both windscreen washers and headlamp washers now working!

When the paint shop re-connected the pumps, they obviously put the connectors back the wrong way round.

Took me a while to work this out (starting at the nozzles, back through the T-valves, through the hoses, back to the reservoir, then the pumps, then the electrical connections!) but all now sorted.

Then I forgot that the headlamps need to be on for the washers to work! So all good. Thanks for your input and advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back