Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2RS - One Step Too Far ?

My IATs were high at vmax. So much so power would have been pulled. I can not remember how high exactly. Hence why I have definitely decided to fit the meth kit, even if I run mostly water. I went with the big Wagner coolers. I think DO88's might have been the better choice. I went with Wagner as they included all the ducting etc. I am also fitting the Joe Toth scoops to help force air in to the coolers. Downside of those is the increased drag obviously.

911tom said:
My IATs were high at vmax. So much so power would have been pulled. I can not remember how high exactly. Hence why I have definitely decided to fit the meth kit, even if I run mostly water. I went with the big Wagner coolers. I think DO88's might have been the better choice. I went with Wagner as they included all the ducting etc. I am also fitting the Joe Toth scoops to help force air in to the coolers. Downside of those is the increased drag obviously.

Were you running the Wagner coolers at VMAX last year when you got high IATs?

Be interesting to compare on the same day Wagners , Do88, aerospace intercoolers (sold by a friend on here - GTRNick). Slight differences in all the cars as catless cars generate less heat. I may have to get a water spray system like the GT2 RS,. All that drag on GT2 RS and it still ran quicker than Porsches own claim of 211mph by going 225mph! I think if you were running 207mph in only 1.3 miles without meth you could be shooting for similar top speed 225mph or even faster :worship:

IMI A said:

Be interesting to compare on the same day Wagners , Do88, aerospace intercoolers (sold by a friend on here - GTRNick). Slight differences in all the cars as catless cars generate less heat. I may have to get a water spray system like the GT2 RS,. All that drag on GT2 RS and it still ran quicker than Porsches own claim of 211mph by going 225mph! I think if you were running 207mph in only 1.3 miles without meth you could be shooting for similar top speed 225mph or even faster :worship:

Yes wagnor coolers were on the car at vmax. Thing with comparing is we are all running different turbos etc. I'm going to fit the meth kit and scoops. I'll see where the ait's are then. Don't really want to be buying new coolers :frustrated:

Spraying water on your coolers will help. Obviously you need to be careful if your intakes are tucked up in there. Probably won't be as affective as injecting water in to the y pipe. Come on Imi, join the dark side :grin:

911tom said:
IMI A said:

Yes wagnor coolers were on the car at vmax. Thing with comparing is we are all running different turbos etc. I'm going to fit the meth kit and scoops. I'll see where the ait's are then. Don't really want to be buying new coolers :frustrated:

Spraying water on your coolers will help. Obviously you need to be careful if your intakes are tucked up in there. Probably won't be as affective as injecting water in to the y pipe. Come on Imi, join the dark side :grin:

Not worth it for a few VMAX runs. If I'd known you were still getting high IATs with the Wagners I really wouldn't have even bothered with the do88 for now as for 99% of use my IATS never get higher than 38c with the GT2 RS intercoolers. On stock engine like mine no-one needs more power for day to day unless they desire a £30,000 bill for a new engine!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back