Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which OPC for a 6 year service. Silverstone v Reading..?

Thanks for the input everyone.

So, decision made - it's booked in at Brooklands. I had a chat with them today and the chap I spoke to was engaging and thorough. And having been to the 911uk open day there last year, they seem to be a bit more focused on the enthusiast owner too.

I think that's a fair assessment of the difference at Brooklands. I've had good and bad experiences there, but JJ seems to be happy to talk and get things sorted.

They have an open day in May that should have the new GT2RS and I'm looking forward the seeing that.

As a former customer of OPC Silverstone over the few years their service quality has dropped and their ability to solve customer service issues are nonexistent. Having complained to the Dealer Principal, some guy called Karl who came across as used car salesman, who didn't care or was unwilling to assist. There are better OPC's just not Silverstone.

Demort said:
Porsche Reading is owned by Porsche and is the head quarters for this country .

https://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche/n71/

Strange they expect other Porsche centers to have fixed price that are NOT owned by porsche when Porsche them selves wont do it at their head quarters !!!

@ Gottans

Ive herd you mention your troubles a few times but ive not seen any details .. is there a thread about it or could you pm me some details if you dont mind .

No reason other than to read up on bad practises .

Gottans

Ditto to what Dermot said

We have the OPC review section for that reason, good or bad i would encourage you to share your experience in a new thread, but PM is you need to discuss this with me beforehand.

Cheers

And OPC Silverstone is actually in Towcester

i live close by to Reading also, and have had several bad experiences with them, both related to damage to my vehicle whilst in their care. i also had issues with a loan car they gave me. Porsche GB contacted me but it was clear from the outset they were sticking together on their story.

i then took my GTS to Portsmouth for its 6 year service, based on good reviews i have read on here. also a poor experience for me... over filled the engine oil, damaged the drivers seat bolster on two occasions, so i will now also not use them.

finally third time lucky, i opted for a trip to Brooklands for some warranty work, very friendly bunch and was very honest and open with me right from the offset. i had a good feeling with them and will now use them again in the future.

my GTS is my first Porsche, i did wonder if i had set my standards and expectations too high, what with it being a premium brand. however i just think that the likes of Reading work on a lot of top end stuff being UK HQ and "potentially" let the trainees work on the older (2011) cars and thats where the issues is for me. i fully agree with the comments above, you shouldnt have to go over your car with a fine tooth comb when leaving you P&J with any OPC IMO they should treat every car like its there own (all IMO) of course good luck with your choice....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back