Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S front splitter on 996 Turbo

Rioja996TT

Having just cracked another turbo front splitter, I am balking at paying out £280 for a strip of polyurethane. I note that the C4S splitter has a higher centre section and would thus be far more urban friendly at considerably lower cost. Any downsides to such a replacement? Thanks.

Only from an anoraks point of view.
The reality is you will still probably bash the c4s part!

kas750 said:
Only from an anoraks point of view.
The reality is you will still probably bash the c4s part!

Sooo true :nooo:

The anorak in me also worries that the turbo one is different shaped for a reason, maybe to counteract lift from the bigger rear wing.

I have found that having graunched mine on a steep driveway, sanding it down with fine sandpaper then a coat of plastic conditioner got it looking much, much better.

Robertb said:
The anorak in me also worries that the turbo one is different shaped for a reason, maybe to counteract lift from the bigger rear wing.

I believe that is true, but unless you regularly drive at 120+ on the Autobahn I really doubt you'll notice the difference. I do recall reading that the C4S one was so shaped so as to reduce front lift reduction to match the non turbo rear wing.

I was going through about two a year, so fitted the C4S splitter.
Don't seem to ground it as often as turbo one.
Car seems planted at 140.

I changed mine to the C4s splitter purely because I think it looks nicer.

You will not notice a difference.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back