Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

gearbox bush

brought gearbox poly bush from a forum member , fitted it today and now I own a buzz saw , so now looking at modding it , luckily it was a easy job

Attachments

• 20180210_121534_resized_604.jpg
    20180210_121534_resized_604.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 3,723
^^^^^^ Yeah they're a load of shoite those things.

My mate fitted one and found the same as you. I drove it and hated it. How to ruin a great car.
They've revised them now but why bother. I've just fitted a new standard bush to my car, as Porsche intended.

Some mods are best left to track cars. :wink:

astonboy said:
I couldn't resist :sad:

Set up right you'll love it, took a bit of tweaking but just love mine now, although you need 2 hands for reverse, but who cares about going backwards...

cobrars said:
Fancied a change, got this to replace my Evoms induction Kit

NEW

OLD

How come you swapped out the EVOMS? Found it to be the only 1 of the aftermarket versions which kept out hot air from the intake. The fabspeed doesn't seal of the air intake from the engine bay.

A full M030 kit, car is now in pieces in the garage waiting for the other bits to be delivered to put it all back together atfer doing some rust repair where the old mounts have been connected.

Not too bad a strip down apart from one of the bolts on the front nearside hub wouldnt budge so had to be drilled out which took the same amount of time as removing the both rear shocks.

@ Stuart

I just fancied a change, the Euro Cup Gt Filter really cleans up the engine bay.

I'd heard about them sucking in hot air from the engine bay, but surely this can only be at a stand still ??? the air that get forced / sucked in through the engine bay lid must be enough, what with the air going under the car sucking the hot air away from the engine ??? who knows, i've not even started the car since fitting it, i've still got the Evoms there if i don't like it. Will hopefully get round to hearing it at the weekend :thumbs:

It really looks the part, be interested in hearing your views on it as having been toying with the idea myself.

Martyg said:
It really looks the part, be interested in hearing your views on it as having been toying with the idea myself.

Yeah, i'm liking the look of this better. Looks alone, get one !!! ha.

I'll get to use it and let you know what i think :thumb:

Thanks

Craig

cobrars said:
@ Stuart

I just fancied a change, the Euro Cup Gt Filter really cleans up the engine bay.

I'd heard about them sucking in hot air from the engine bay, but surely this can only be at a stand still ??? the air that get forced / sucked in through the engine bay lid must be enough, what with the air going under the car sucking the hot air away from the engine ??? who knows, i've not even started the car since fitting it, i've still got the Evoms there if i don't like it. Will hopefully get round to hearing it at the weekend :thumbs:

That does look great and I agree that on the move, it's unlikely to get too much warm air. On a dyno maybe, where these are often tested.

Will be interested to hear how it sounds and performs compared with the EVOMS.

Did you get the extra snorkel bit for it too?

K9ng said:
Got these going on next week,

Wavetrac Rear diff & Function first shift right kit.

Keep us updated re the shift kit. It looks like quality, be interested to see how it performs

2 wide-headed screws, 2 push-through fixers for wheel-arch liners and 1 fixing screw for bumper trim.

£3.84 all-in.

That's twice in a row I've been able to use contactless payment at my OPC !! :thumb: :D

galahad said:
cobrars said:
@ Stuart

That does look great and I agree that on the move, it's unlikely to get too much warm air. On a dyno maybe, where these are often tested.

Will be interested to hear how it sounds and performs compared with the EVOMS.

Did you get the extra snorkel bit for it too?

Extra Snorkel bit ??? Didn't know there was one ???? I'll investigate, thanks :thumb:

Craig

Guywilko said:
K9ng said:
Got these going on next week,

Wavetrac Rear diff & Function first shift right kit.

Keep us updated re the shift kit. It looks like quality, be interested to see how it performs

Yes I am interested to know what you think of the shift right kit as I have been looking at that as an option, because the 997 SSK only has the plastic bushings and the 997 gt3 shifter isnt a shorter throw on a 997 its only shorter on a 996 as the 996 has a longer throw as stock. a review would be great :thumb: :thumb:

I am fitting next week the function first semi semi solid engine mounts which look good, new OE mounts but filled with eurthane :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back