Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2RS - One Step Too Far ?

DRZ911

We passed that point a long time ago :floor:

When a boggo Cayman is enough Porsche for UK roads , yes it's probabky a step too far. Would it stop me buying one... of course not.

Closest I've driven performance wise for any length time is a McLaren 570s. That was fairly bonkers and let you access speeds on the road that shouldn't be repeated 991 GT2 RS must be something else. :eek:

Must be nearly as quick as my 16 year old 996 :floor:

Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust. As for too much for uk roads, a lot of modern cars are I'd say. Even some of the latest generation hot hatches are approaching 400hp.

911tom said:
Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust.

Shame you won't be at VMAX in a few weeks as I'm sure you could have maybe run against one of these and a few other exotics like 720 S there. Are you still in process of rebuilding engine again?

911tom said:

Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust. As for too much for uk roads, a lot of modern cars are I'd say. Even some of the latest generation hot hatches are approaching 400hp.

The previous 997 GT2RS wasn't as quick as my turbo and that was before ES had their way with it. It was a much better car to drive around a track than mine though, but certainly not £200k better.

I expect your missile would leave the vast majority of machines behind now though Tom, especially mine! :thumb:

IMI A said:
911tom said:
Nah in 90% of occasions it would leave my car for dust.

Shame you won't be at VMAX in a few weeks as I'm sure you could have maybe run against one of these and a few other exotics like 720 S there. Are you still in process of rebuilding engine again?

Hopefully I'll have my car back within the next two weeks but will need to run the engine in etc. March will be too tight even if it is run in I'd like to get a few more miles in before giving it the beans down a runway. Hopefully I'll make the April event.

ragpicker said:
911tom said:

The previous 997 GT2RS wasn't as quick as my turbo and that was before ES had their way with it. It was a much better car to drive around a track than mine though, but certainly not £200k better.

I expect your missile would leave the vast majority of machines behind now though Tom, especially mine! :thumb:

In a straight line on a runway yeah mine should be much faster, that will be the 10%. But everything else, B road, track, 0 to 60 mine would be slower for sure. As you say though not sure it is £200k slower!

Best of luck Tom. Maybe see you in April once you've run her in and are happy with the way she's running? I'm toying with the idea of going catless but can't bring myself to make the car not street legal. Have you ditched your cats? Only thing left to do other than go down forged engine route like you. We ran Oz's car on new race fuel map and Ken estimates Oz's turbo making circa 830whp on a stock engine! Between 100 mph and 200 mph hes 9e xx fast. Only difference between Oz and me is that he catless. Ken estimating 0-300 kph 20 secs for Oz to 23 secs with cats. Now do i get rid of the pesky cats off the car?

Attachments

• img_3014_127.jpg
    img_3014_127.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 5,443
I don't have any cats on either Porsche, but I have a very understanding MOT tester who gets easily distracted by a red bank note or two when he's about to do the emissions...
whistle.gif

To be fair +200mph with that cat on the roof is more than impressive! Do you normally get 9e to sort the mot? If so I can see no reason why you wouldn't do it given those performance figures!

Rags you must be tempted to use ms109 / fit meth?

911tom said:

Meth is something I keep coming back to dude. I keep flirting with the idea because essentially its easy HP. However, when would I use it? Fitting the kit to do one or two vmax's per year.. I mean, how useful is it in normal daily or euro-hooning conditions which is what I want to use the car for the most?

I can definitely see me adopting ms109 quite regularly though :thumb:

911tom said:
To be fair +200mph with that cat on the roof is more than impressive! Do you normally get 9e to sort the mot? If so I can see no reason why you wouldn't do it given those performance figures!

3 secs faster not an issue and we're already probably pretty close to blowing our engines up with this race map :D

How high did yours IATs get to at VMAX? Oz with his aerospace intercoolers didn't go higher than 50c on same day albeit only running a normal every day ordinary petrol map. I got to 72c with race fuel map hence Ken advised to go for the do88 big pack. I'm not worried about passing MOT simply don't like the idea of driving around in a car which isn't strictly street legal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back