Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B8''s installed

APL911

I've just installed my B8's on my 996.2 c2 coupe manual.

The installation was more tricky than I expected. Considering I had removed the old dampers once before when fitting new springs and coffin arms, this time around things were more tricky for some reason.
I broke one of the brass pipes on the front right calliper. Had to have an emergency trip to Porsche Brooklands to pick up a new pipe.

Anyhow, after an initial drive to get the geo done, I can report these have absolutely transformed my car.
Obviously the whole car feels tighter, corners flatter, does not feel so floaty etc. But unexpectedly it also seems to accelerate with more urgency. I guess there is less lift and dive under acceleration and breaking? Feels brilliant.

I'm also pleased that the rear of the car is slightly higher.
After having new B4's fitted to the front, I think the original dampers on the back were sagging and making the car lower at the back. Now there is an attractive rake with the back slightly more supported.
The B8's also seem to work well with the designtek springs. I was worried that the springs would not work well with the dampers as they are not as stiff as H&R, but they feel great.

All in all very happy so far. :thumb:

Next job is the H&R anti roll bar install. I'm still waiting for them
To arrive from D911.
Also I have an induction kit on the way.

My nearly new OEM spec Bilstein B4 front dampers are now for sale if anyone needs any at a bargain price. Let me know. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back