Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 conversion on gen 1 side lights stopped working

kozzi

I have a gen 1 997 turbo with a gen 2 bumper and front lights that have stopped working. The indicators still flash. The rear work perfectly. Is this a common fault and how is it fixed?
There is a load of motors and resistors added to the loom by the look of it
Many thanks chaps

Have you tried a solid 'thwack' with the flat of your hand?

I remember my dad applying this method against the side of our telly back in the 70's. With a certain degree of success too if I recall.

:grin:

Trouble is, there is no wood on the side of the car to whack! Otherwise, your fathers's and my father's technique would have worked and I wouldn't have asked. Do the motors or resistors need changing frequently? Or do the lights actually wear out?

Have you had your front bumper off recently Kozzi? Easy to not fully engage the clip connections for lights which could work loose. Just a thought.

Yes, it's probably the indicators still working that has stopped me looking at that side of things; I haven't had the bumper off myself. It is the DRls that aren't working

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back