Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Michelin tyres?

John H

Hi Guys - I'm about ready to change all 4 tyres on my 997 GTS.

As my warranty has recently expired and can't be renewed, due to my Sharkwerks Exhaust By-pass, this is no longer a straight forward process!

I definitely want to stay with Michelin but am unsure whether to change my current N-rated PS2's for PS4's or Super Sports? Not having previously tried either, I'd appreciate some guidance from anyone who has... many thanks.

PS4S gets my vote. I recently changed from Pirelli Pzero.

Not tried PSS

I have tried MPS2 loved them then MPSS loved them as much although I dont like the curved side profile and small rim protector as much as the MPS2 ,my plan is to go to MPS4 at the next change as they I am told have the very latest technology, and for me a nicer side profile which I guess is only important when your lowered and looking for optimum visual stance. :thumb:

Having only just fitted the PS4S, it's a bit early to say much about performance. Might have a better idea once it warms up.

I've had PS2 and still running PSS that replaced those. PSS offer much better rim protection than the newer PS4S, but that probably won't stop me when the PSS wear out.

In the dry PSS and PS4S are indistinguishable

PS4S better in the wet by quite a bit, and allegedly wear a bit better but i havent had mine on long enough yet

pcat said:

PS4S better in the wet by quite a bit, and allegedly wear a bit better but i havent had mine on long enough yet

I will be swapping out my aging Bridgestones in the spring and I was thinking to go with the 4S due to rave reviews on here. However, I am a fan of big rim protectors as they just seem to look the part. Given that PSS have the protection and I don't take the car out in the wet, PSS may just be the way to go :?:

There is rim protection on the PS4S. Unless you park like a girl, you'll probably be fine.

Magic919 said:
There is rim protection on the PS4S. Unless you park like a girl, you'll probably be fine.

:hand:
I appreciate the rim protector from a visual perspective not as a parking aid!

On the odd occasion I do wear a skirt, I am rarely seen in the Turbo :wink:

Porsche News said:
pcat said:

The PS4S is the update to the PSS

I am aware, but i stand by my comment. Pretty much all the press reviews agree.

I've ordered a set of PS4S from ATS Euromaster - due to be fitted when the weather gets warmer.

Just wondered if I'm likely to experience any problems with the TPMS sensors?

Anyone been in a similar situation?

No problems at all, they are nothing to do with the tyres they are just the valves.

I had PS4S`s fitted 12 months back, done 14000 miles since then without any issues at all. Had them checked yesterday and have 6mm tread left still.

They grip like mad, even in this wet cold weather. Really really struggle to get any sort of spin out of them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back