Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sleep mode alarm

theno23 said:
Does the passenger side have a physical lock? I don't remember, would be easy to test if so.

Nope - hence at least some crawling under a seat, or similar, is needed to test

- I'm sure I have various wiring diagrams somewhere, but have yet to try and see how clear it is re. signals from respective doors, etc and simply re-jigging a couple of connectors

jonindorset said:
On my 98, if I open the door after more than 5 or so days I just get straight in it and start it up and the alarm stays silent. I always keep it on a CTEK 5 battery conditioner too. Recently, during the very cold weather, keen to take it out for a Sunday breakfast meet, I somehow managed to break the drivers door lock mechanism that resulted in an expensive factory order replacement :(

just as an aside, have you ever heard your alarm go off? i.e. could be the siren is kaput (they actually "howl" for a while when they start to fail - thought I was hearing somekind of leak from the aircon system at first on mine..!) - or may/may not lend credence to a wiring recall or similar..... not sure if the battery conditioner would prevent the car from entering 'sleep' mode(?)

Anyone whoever set their 996 alarm off in a closed garage will recall exactly what it sounded like... as this is the last thing they clearly heard before their hearing was destroyed
:eek:

Ha ha, that is a shame that the passenger side doesnt have a physical door lock as that would have been an easy solution.

I am more than familiar with the alarm sound in a closed garage.... but unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a way around it.... other than open the garage door I guess.

By the way I also put mine on a CTEK if left for any period of time but this doesnt have any impact on sleep mode or not and so the alarm will still sound if I unlock after 5 days.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back