Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a 996 Carrera 4S

EGTE said:
Without wishing to be too controversial, wouldn't a C4S cabriolet be pretty much the heaviest (and therefore) slowest of the normally-aspirated 996 models?

Just thought it might be worth mentioning, if speed is your thang (it is mine :D ).

Looks nice, though. :thumb:

Yes, and if you've got a tip box too (which posted one doesn't) it's something like 300kg heavier than a C2. Oof!

...when looking for my first Porsche I did consider a C4s principally because of the looks, however it would be my view that they are vastly over valued using any non subjective looks based metric...compared to a bogo C2 for example.

They are slower, wider,heavier and more expensive to run; the 4 wheel drive is antiquated and in all probability lost most of its efficiency due to age related clutch wear thus I couldn't for the life of me justify the significant extra cost?

Perhaps I shouldn't complain because this market distortion enabled me to get hold of a low mileage,mint C2 for under £17k ! Additionally, the market is flooded with them compared to decent C2s...

GMG said:
...when looking for my first Porsche I did consider a C4s principally because of the looks, however it would be my view that they are vastly over valued using any non subjective looks based metric...compared to a bogo C2 for example.

They are slower, wider,heavier and more expensive to run; the 4 wheel drive is antiquated and in all probability lost most of its efficiency due to age related clutch wear thus I couldn't for the life of me justify the significant extra cost?

Perhaps I shouldn't complain because this market distortion enabled me to get hold of a low mileage,mint C2 for under £17k ! Additionally, the market is flooded with them compared to decent C2s...

A good argument. but you're missing the fact that they look freaking awesome! Which is a large factor why people purchase them. Next to a C2 they are night and day in my opinion. As always though you pay your money , you take your choice. It's likely they will hold a stronger value over a C2, so although the initial payout is more, you'll likely net more when you sell.

There is something about the 4S... as well as the looks its the way it drives. So much more than the sum of its parts.

Its the only model of car I've ever felt moved to buy again, having sold one and missed it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back