Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rev range data

asterix_the_gaul

How do you interpret the data screenshot below? I've read you check against engine hours and number of ignition but this screenshot does not seem to show the data in the same way..

Attachments

• imag20180208170005_570.jpg
    imag20180208170005_570.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 2,357
yes that's exactly what I read before posting : I was under the impression you would get number of ignitions not a decimal??

maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, that Was The live data feed..

They look like ECU adaptations to me.

Yes that isn't the normal over revs page.

You should just see total operating hours, then range 1 with number of ignitions and the hour the last one occurred and then the same for range 2.

Some cars have tens of thousands range 1s, which is just from bumping the rev limiter.
Range 2 are the "bad" ones, which are over the rev limiter.

As the guides probably say, divide by 400 for a rough calc for seconds on the limiter.
So 2800 ignitions would be about 7 seconds.

You need to actually find your over rev menu first though. :grin:

Later cars, 997 onwards had 6 ranges. The earlier cars only had 2.

They are NOT over revs .. they are the fuel adaption figures .

Vehicle data and range 1 / range 2 on a 996 when useing a tester is what you want , those figures are from the DME section and actual values .

Found the correct screen to get rev range data like the one in the diametric link a few posts earlier. No range 2 over revs not too much range 1 and all thousands of hours ago so happy days. Thanks all!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back