Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bridgestone N rated cracking after 3 years

997 Coast

Fellow owners

Have anyone else noticed this ( mine pre mot inspection at revolution porsche)

Tyres manufactured 2015 / fitted July 2015 @ 36k miles - drawn to my attention this week at mot / major service time. 44k miles

Fronts 235/35/19 N rated
Rears 295/30/19 N rated

About 8,000 over three years

Since fitting had 2 wheel alignment checks so camber etc aint a issue - tread depth now fronts 6mm rear 4mm

Is it worth informing Bridgestone ( be fobbed off) or go to a french tyre that provides great grip
Comments

Michelin next time

Slightly off topic, but 8k in 3 years AND it is a daily driver??!! I have done 1,500 miles in mine already, and only had it 2 months and it is a 3rd car!!! How on earth do you manage to ration yourself that much???

I have seen it .. normally on fronts only .. not sure if its caused by low pressure running .. hard cornering or just a fault in a batch of tyres .. older tyres do crack and thats kinda normal but not at the age of yours .

I doubt the company will be that interested .. rear tyres are almost at 3mm which is when Porsche recomend replacement .

Cracking from my point of view is an advise on a service .. im only concerened if the cracks go down to the coords .. in that case its a little more than an advise !

You can raise it with Bridgestone, they may agree to investigate or provide some sort of gesture, but I think you'll just have to replace all four. Presumably with Michelins.

I take it you check the pressures regular.

I would imagine incorrect pressures could have an effect

I have Bridgestones and the rears are begining to crack at the outer edge between the tread blocks. I had considered sticking with the same but as it seems a more common problem, replacements will be Michelin.

Scholester said:
I have Bridgestones and the rears are begining to crack at the outer edge between the tread blocks. I had considered sticking with the same but as it seems a more common problem, replacements will be Michelin.

:thumb: Totally agree - intend to replace with Michelin. Better grip I am informed. Thats a bonus.

Small cracks at the base of the tread blocks, whilst not exactly welcome, could be just the sign of a tough life.

Cracking in the sidewalls (depends where) if the use and inflation specs have been respected is worrisome as great efforts are made to ensure that tyres do not crack or otherwise degrade

Whilst not a garage queen it's been sensibly driven and not hammered.
Tyre pressures maintained at 34 / 40 religiously.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back